Welcome to the new Traders Laboratory! Please bear with us as we finish the migration over the next few days. If you find any issues, want to leave feedback, get in touch with us, or offer suggestions please post to the Support forum here.

• Welcome Guests

Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at Traders Laboratory such as interacting with members, access to all forums, downloading attachments, and eligibility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE Traders Laboratory account here.

syswizard

Interactive Brokers API

Is anyone familiar enough with some of the features of the TWS API from Interactive Brokers ?

Here's what I'm trying to do:

1) From a list of 1100 stocks, at the OPEN at 9:30am EDT, determine which from this group have GAPPED (open > previous high).

It doesn't sound difficult, but it's tough to do with a DDE quote link....too many symbols....it would hang at the open !

2) What I need is a customized SCANNER that runs at 9:30 am and then merges the GAP list in the universe of stocks to those in the group of 1100.

IBI's current scanner does not permit custom scans...only their presets are supported.

I looked at Yahoo's scanner, but it's Java-based. I need the raw API so I can do this within Excel.

I know Tradestation's Radarscreen can do this, but we can't run that platform.

Sheesh....this sounds so SIMPLE....am I missing something ?

Any ideas greatly appreciated !

Thanks for that.....very interesting ActiveX implementation. Strangely, I was able to cobb together a pretty nifty quote tracker in Excel using the Yahoo Finance quote database. I'll post some pix of it when I clean it up.

Could someone advise me how I might create a feature that will close all open orders when a net profit target is hit. I would like to open a small basket of FX cross pairs with Interactive Broker' TSW platform and close all orders when the basket hits a net $ profit. thx

Could someone advise me how I might create a feature that will close all open orders when a net profit target is hit. I would like to open a small basket of FX cross pairs with Interactive Broker' TSW platform and close all orders when the basket hits a net $ profit. thx

Very difficult to do with the present version 9.3 because commissions are not available. So best you could do is the basis of GROSS profit. API Version 9.4 will support commissions....but no target date has been set.

Very difficult to do with the present version 9.3 because commissions are not available. So best you could do is the basis of GROSS profit. API Version 9.4 will support commissions....but no target date has been set.

Gross profit target sounds fine with me considering I can estimate the commissions up front. I am currently using the MT4 dealer platform for FX and have been able to find programmers to write scripts in C+ for helpful modifications like 'close all' on target profit. But the MT4 'dealer platform' world is getting more unappealing to me and I would like to enter the true interbank setting. I would really like to implement this 'close all on profit' script in a demo Interbank account. (gross profit target, ok) Unfortunately, I do not have any programming contacts for such a modification. thanks

You might want to register and check here:

http://codebase.mql4.com

There appear to be a lot of MQL4 experts there.

For you to pull this off, MQL4 must support one of these Windows communication interfaces:

DLL

DDE

ActiveX

My quick search of the above surfaced nothing, but that doesn't mean MQL4 cannot do these. You'll need to contact their tech support or the experts for a definitive answer to the above.

Telechart's spreadsheet can be set up to follow gaps. I'm not certain how much information you want sent to Excel but the basic )ie: Price Hi LO Close etc can be saved to a file. Telechart has a free trial so it could be tested before making a commitment.