Welcome to the new Traders Laboratory! Please bear with us as we finish the migration over the next few days. If you find any issues, want to leave feedback, get in touch with us, or offer suggestions please post to the Support forum here.

• Welcome Guests

Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at Traders Laboratory such as interacting with members, access to all forums, downloading attachments, and eligibility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE Traders Laboratory account here.

Chippy

Help on Printing on Screen in EasyLanguage

This is probably simple for you guys, but I was trying to find out how to print on the screen something in easy language. Very similar to the picture I am posting. You see on the side they have the "targets" and stop print on the screen as the market moves up and down. How do I do this based off an indicator? Hope this hasn't been explained before but I couldn't find anything when I searched. Thanks again,

Chip

atr%20copy.jpg

this is probably simple for you guys, but i was trying to find out how to print on the screen something in easy language. Very similar to the picture i am posting. You see on the side they have the "targets" and stop print on the screen as the market moves up and down. How do i do this based off an indicator? Hope this hasn't been explained before but i couldn't find anything when i searched. Thanks again,

chip

atr%20copy.jpg

.......... r-e-a-d the manual !

.......... r-e-a-d the manual !

I don't trade full time, it's just a hobby and for long term investments. I have a regular job to do so I don't have the time to read 1200 pages of easylanguage coding.

Can you point me in the right direction instead of saying read the manual? Thought that was the point of a forum to actually get helpful information?? Even a link to a repost about this same subject would be more helpful. Thanks

I don't trade full time, it's just a hobby and for long term investments. I have a regular job to do so I don't have the time to read 1200 pages of easylanguage coding.

Can you point me in the right direction instead of saying read the manual? Thought that was the point of a forum to actually get helpful information?? Even a link to a repost about this same subject would be more helpful. Thanks

do yo umean I have to show you the table of contents ???

yea... if you do not understand how to do something, we can talk about it,

if you tried something and it does not work, we can talk about it.

but if you have not attempted,

or worst still, you haven't even picked up the manual and read the table of contents,

what do you want me to do for you?

ps. at this level, if there is anything i can teach you, it will be copied straight out of the manual anyway.

here...

EasyLanguage Essential Programming Guide

Drawing Objects ....................................................................................112

Text Objects .................................................................................................112

Creating a Text Object .................................................................................112

Moving a Text Object ..................................................................................113

Removing a Text Object ..............................................................................113

Formatting Style of Text Objects.................................................................113

Formatting the Color of a Text Object.........................................................114

Changing the Text Object Message .............................................................114

Getting Text Object Values .........................................................................114

Text Object Errors........................................................................................115

have you tried the search button?

do yo umean I have to show you the table of contents ???

I was actually looking for an example of this type of coding in an actual indicator. Not necessarily the book. I have read the section called "drawing objects" already, but it will not print like in the picture I have above. A lot of what is said in the book doesn't apply to real world applications. I am not a coding expert by any means...that's why I was looking for an example I can work upon. I will re-read and try to re-code. Thanks

yes, I said that in my first post. It's ok, you don't have to reply anymore I will figure it out. Thanks anyway

OK, I was too hard on you....

do a search on

abc floor traders pivot

it is a good example of what you want to achieve.

Edited by Tams

OK, I was too hard on you....

do a search on

abc floor traders pivot

it is a good example of what you want to achieve.

actually thats perfect. Thanks very much. I don't have the advanced skills...or any skills at all to find that lol:crap:

This will plot text in the margin to the right. A lot of the code on the net uses calcdate and calctime to determine a date,time location in the future. This is a simplification that uses current date,time instead. Distance into the future is adjusted by the number of spaces between quotation marks in the SetString statement.

It's best to start simple and increase complexity. To add text for an average, add id2 and set id2's string to use +numtostr(avg,2) and it's location to (id2,d,t,avg); Or (id2,d,t,avg+10) if you have a reason to adjust it 10 pts higher.

var: id(0);

once begin
   id=text_new(d,t,c," ");
   text_setstyle(id,0,2);
end;

text_setString(id,"      " +numtostr(c,2));
text_setLocation(id,d,t,c);

This will plot text in the margin to the right. A lot of the code on the net uses calcdate and calctime to determine a date,time location in the future. This is a simplification that uses current date,time instead. Distance into the future is adjusted by the number of spaces between quotation marks in the SetString statement.

It's best to start simple and increase complexity. To add text for an average, add id2 and set id2's string to use +numtostr(avg,2) and it's location to (id2,d,t,avg); Or (id2,d,t,avg+10) if you have a reason to adjust it 10 pts higher.

var: id(0);

once begin
   id=text_new(d,t,c," ");
   text_setstyle(id,0,2);
end;

text_setString(id,"      " +numtostr(c,2));
text_setLocation(id,d,t,c);

very awesome and simple. thanks!!