Welcome to the new Traders Laboratory! Please bear with us as we finish the migration over the next few days. If you find any issues, want to leave feedback, get in touch with us, or offer suggestions please post to the Support forum here.

• Welcome Guests

Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at Traders Laboratory such as interacting with members, access to all forums, downloading attachments, and eligibility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE Traders Laboratory account here.

Lusername

Where Can I Find a Mentor?

Hello all,

I've been training myself for the past few months on forex and stock trading, so far so good (especially for self taught). I'm well on my way and able to see the bigger picture, but my fine tuning needs some work. I'm beginning to get frustrated and down at this point as I have really high hopes for this (not unrealistic, just high) and am hoping to make a career out of trading.

I do not personally know anybody else who trades and therefore am on my own. The part about trading that I appreciate the most is that we work for ourselves and that our own hard work determines our success. Having said that, about 4-5 months ago, I was part of a mass "down sizing" where I worked. I've always wanted to work for myself and saw this lay off as a sign. I quickly took action, having spent countless number of hours daily training myself, staying up all night at times if I had to, stopped going out just to give myself more time learning. I know I'm close to getting my system down, but something is still a little off and my entries/exits arent quite right yet.

As I'm doing this alone, I cannot always see my own errors, only a 2nd pair of eyes can point out what I'm doing wrong.

I am in the Dallas / Fort Worth area and very optimistically searching for a mentor or anybody that can give me guidance. If you are willing to help, or know anybody who would, please PM me, I am available anytime of the day, night, weekends, ANYTIME, this is priority #1 in my life.

I thank you for having taken the time to read my post and thank you for any help you may be able to offer.

Happy trading to all!

Well, I think you can easily find a mentor. There are too many of them I think. That is the hardest question to solve when you come to trading. It is not about the method, but mostly about you and your mentor. If you dont have one then the mentor will be the Market. You can find your success on your own, but it will take you years. Mentor can be a shortcut.

But you never know if he is good until you try him.

You may consider joining an online trading room. Then your location does not matter. Let me know if you are interested and I will get you the information to the one I belong to.

Good Luck in any case - Wall Street Takes No Prisoners

hi Lusername,

I'm a forex trader.

I'm glad to give you some training.

but before that, I need to get some information from you.

Age.

health.

experience in forex trading, Live or demo

and the most important, answer this question:

if you have $100,000, how much loss you could accept for one trade ?

and for this training, it is not the way to make you rich quickly. the target for this training in the first year is to make you survive from this market and get about 5% profit.

so, if you are interested, PM me.

and do not worry, this training is free.

Regards,

TradeCopy

What sort of instruments are you trading. Have you tried twitter at all? It's not mentoring in the traditional sense but there are a number of great traders posting live updates and explaining the concepts and reasons behind their trades. I recommend taking a look at #FT71 and #OLE34 hashtags.

Tom

I'll help you. Just get a hold of me so I know what you're looking for. I'll work with you a bit and then hook you up based on where you are.

Before anyone gets sideways - Yes I'm a vendor.

Am I willing to extend to some FREE help to anyone who is genuinely reaching out?

Absolutely.

I do it daily.

It's been my experience that Mentors just mess you up more.

Your timing, can only be developed by practice. No amount of mentoring can do that for you.

Also, you can't win every trade. The markets are random most of the time, so a large amount of signals are actually false in the first place. The only thing you can do is robotically take every single one, so you don't miss the real ones. Just learn to keep your losses small, and let your profits run.

High percentage systems tend to have many smaller winners, but also smaller losers (my experience) However, there are systems that lose more than they win, but the wins are so huge that they more than make up for the losses. You have to decide which game you want to play.

I trade 2 systems. I do something called Spear Point trading that is a Trend/Swing Trading method, and then I do another that is newer to me and focused on day trading. I have found success with both. I have bigger wins with the Spear Point Trading, and more wins, less losses with the other one. Both win 60% or more of the time.

hi Lucky,

I would be interested in joining that online trading room. Can you PM me the information?

Thank you!

You may consider joining an online trading room. Then your location does not matter. Let me know if you are interested and I will get you the information to the one I belong to.

Hello Lucky8466. My name is JPhillips. If you could give the information on online trading rooms I would greatly appreciate it. THX.