Welcome to the new Traders Laboratory! Please bear with us as we finish the migration over the next few days. If you find any issues, want to leave feedback, get in touch with us, or offer suggestions please post to the Support forum here.

• Welcome Guests

Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at Traders Laboratory such as interacting with members, access to all forums, downloading attachments, and eligibility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE Traders Laboratory account here.

TheNegotiator

New MarketDelta Trader Software

Hi,

I just received an email from MD and was quite pleased to see that they have launched a stand alone trading platform with integrated footprint! Excellent I thought to myself. The $.25 a side they are quoting seems a little steep, but I'm sure they're negotiable if you do enough volume right?

The trial is in association with Daniels Trading who although I am aware of them, I have had zero experience of them. So I took a trial and just installed it. Honestly, it is just rubbish. Such a good idea but so poorly implemented. There are so few user preferences to change. You can't change the size of any text/DOM columns. There doesn't seem to be keyboard function trading! There is just one order column so you can't just hit out of a trade as it always wants to put limit orders(or stops) in. There is no volume profile option. It also looks to be that you can only currently use oec which is pointless for me. I think they may have just limited it to DT aswell to begin with so I'd have to switch broker. Nice.

I truly hope that they fix some of these things and quick because as it stands this platform is useless. Not hard to fix these things but they are so important. My advice to MD and Trevor is to get a few hardcore scalpers to try it out and fix things based on what they ask for.

Anyone else try it yet? Did I miss anything??

mdtrader.thumb.JPG.2340a71a2c9e6d024c11a890dedd9cb1.JPG

MDTraderfeatures.thumb.JPG.7b4d323a9784b7db8b9344b76315ca3c.JPG

Hi Negotiator,

First let me say thanks for trying out the platform. I wanted to try and answer some of the questions you pose, but always feel free to contact us directly if you would like.

Cost: No subscription free. Just $0.25/side with no cap at this time because it only works with OEC. This will change in the future when the software also supports the CQG order routing network.

Brokerage Support: Right now MarketDelta Trader works on the OEC order routing network. This was chosen for the quality of data and international order routing exposure. OEC also offers the ability for forex, stocks, etfs, and options. All this will soon be supported in the software. There are many IB's that work with OEC, Daniels Trading being one of the largest. More brokers will be added to our "approved broker list" as they contact us and want to go through the approval process.

Options/Preferences: We have taken a very deliberate approach to keeping the software simple and easy to use. If you are a user of MarketDelta charts, then you will find this software doesn't have all the bells and whistles, but it wasn't designed to either. That said, it is very early in the product evolution and we will certainly be listening to customers and potential customers such as yourself and adding functionality that is popular. You can post your feature requests to MarketDelta Support : Feature Requests.

For instance, a volume profile and the ability to size the text on the DOM are already on the list.

Regarding trading out of a trade, there are Buy Market and Sell Market buttons at the top of the price column. They are bright green and bright red. You can also use the Flatten button in the lower right to exit all and cancel working positions. Maybe this was overlooked when you tried the platform.

Thanks for your feedback and look for these improvements soon!

That's good that you're taking users' views into account. I didn't btw overlook the buy/sell market buttons. I just think having a buy and a sell column is a better solution to having a limit order column. In the heat of trade, having to move your mouse quickly and accurately is significantly harder considering the distance the buttons are away from market prices. Also, with the 2 columns, if you are just behind other orders coming in, it means you retain a limit order at that price rather than losing a tick extra with a market order.

The current display at market is also very unclear as the colours are way too light to be distinctive. One other thing is that when you are cancelling an order, you have to hover over the order then move to the cancel button, rather than clicking once on the order itself. More time to order = slower execution.

Anyway, thanks for the response and if I think of anymore issues or suggestions I'll post on your website feature requests page.

Edited by TheNegotiator

We have just hooked market delta with Rithmic.

http://ticktotrade.com/MarketDelta.php

The software of MarketDelta is a great tool for the market profile methodology.

Trevor from MarketDelta has provided us with superior support as my tech team was inquiring about all the features.

I'm pretty sure that with Market Delta 10.6 you can now run Market Delta Trader through it and use your brokerage data for your charts. I suspect many will really appreciate this feature.

I'm pretty sure that with Market Delta 10.6 you can now run Market Delta Trader through it and use your brokerage data for your charts. I suspect many will really appreciate this feature.

At the moment we stream unfiltered data via MarketDelta and don't provide execution through it. From a brief survey of our customers, most use NinjaTrader or R-Trader for execution.

R-Trader also places OCO orders on its servers as oppose to one's computers.

In the future if we provide execution over MarketDelta, I will update this thread.