Welcome to the new Traders Laboratory! Please bear with us as we finish the migration over the next few days. If you find any issues, want to leave feedback, get in touch with us, or offer suggestions please post to the Support forum here.

• Welcome Guests

Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at Traders Laboratory such as interacting with members, access to all forums, downloading attachments, and eligibility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE Traders Laboratory account here.

waynick5

Logical Trader by Mark Fisher

Waynick5,

I think the ACD method have value on ES though its meant for more volatile markets..

A up and A down is the first 20 min OR +- 3.5 points.. basically if the market stays outside the A level for 1/2 the OR time, the A up or A down is triggered and the bias is towards that direction. The A level and the OR then becomes levels to lean on towards that direction.

The A levels can also be levels to fade depending on other bias factors..

There is also the relationship of the piv and 3 day rolling piv that gives additional bias and potential range..

Then there is a point factor that gives greater probability of the quality of the A up/down trade..

I like the ACD method on ES as it gives me additional levels and bias that is simple and reliable, but the A up/down is a rare signal so you will need another method in addition.. I like Volume Profile as well and I think the 2 methods are very complimentary... Ofcourse, there are other levels that are also tradable.. All I look for when I trade is a bias for market direction and levels to lean on.. the rest is how price tests those levels and etc....

Finally, there is also the C up or C down, which basically is a signal when an A up or A down fails and reversed into an A up or A down in the opposite direction.. This is an even more rare signal but often gives the best trades.. The rationale is that the market fooled most to position in the wrong direction and they're trapped and will need to get out eventually. When they do, they will drive price towards the opposite direction.

The relationship between the piv and 3drp is important in market bias. The 3drp is often a reliable level to lean on as well..

Don't give up on ACD, you will find value in it. The other method I will recommend on the ES is volume profile.. Another method that will give you a good filter into the market..

Hi is there any other info on the ACD method sounds interesting. Any input is well appreciated. thanks.

The book is worth the read.. I think the concepts are excellent, though ES is probably not the easist place to apply the method...