Welcome to the new Traders Laboratory! Please bear with us as we finish the migration over the next few days. If you find any issues, want to leave feedback, get in touch with us, or offer suggestions please post to the Support forum here.

• Welcome Guests

Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at Traders Laboratory such as interacting with members, access to all forums, downloading attachments, and eligibility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE Traders Laboratory account here.

TheNegotiator

Entries & Exits. Which Are More Important?

In actual fact, you need to focus on everything.

. . . . . . . . . . . .

Once you are in the market though, clearly exits should be the imperative for you.

I originally stated that entries where 80% of trading and exits 20% percent. I would now like to retract that statement. :rofl: I think I have sinned against the trading gods, and need to confess that I am a fool.

What if your exit is your entry? ;) Or your entry is also your exit? Then one is not more important than the other. I've now decided that entries and exits should be given equal rights.

As I get more and more precise in my trading strategy, I realize that the two are just two sides of the same coin. I should state however, that my trading strategy is fairly close to an "always in" strategy. That may be a key point in my perspective.

The consolidation zones are not predetermined by a price level, but you have predetermined that you will wait for those as a condition. Isn't that predetermined? Mentally predetermined? You haven't predetermined a price target, but you have predetermined a condition.

nakachalet was probably talking about set price levels? Which is quite different.

Predetermined? Nitpicking, to say the least...but, if you say so...

And yes, what nakachalet was saying was quite different.

Phantom

Once you are in the market though, clearly exits should be the imperative for you...

I must also take issue with this statement.

Once you are in the market, trade management should be the imperative. Although this doesn't preclude the exit strategy, one should be looking to BUILD the position, not exit it.

Once a trader learns how to build upon a profitable entry, he/she is well on the way to the real riches that are available in this amazing profession.

Luv,

Phantom

I must also take issue with this statement.

Once you are in the market, trade management should be the imperative. Although this doesn't preclude the exit strategy, one should be looking to BUILD the position, not exit it.

Once a trader learns how to build upon a profitable entry, he/she is well on the way to the real riches that are available in this amazing profession.

Luv,

Phantom

Yeah okay phantom. Talk about nitpicking. I meant dealing with your exit by effective trade management. I thought I had made that clear, so I apologise if not!

Either way it seems we are agreeing!