Welcome to the new Traders Laboratory! Please bear with us as we finish the migration over the next few days. If you find any issues, want to leave feedback, get in touch with us, or offer suggestions please post to the Support forum here.

• Welcome Guests

Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at Traders Laboratory such as interacting with members, access to all forums, downloading attachments, and eligibility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE Traders Laboratory account here.

Thats me being obtuse :)

I noticed that Nial Fuller has 'content provider' under his name. I wondered if that is because he is a sponsor? I guess Nial may not be a ssponsor but has been invited to contribute articles? I also see that ninjatrader has a status of 'partner'. Presumably these are different types of sponsor? I just wondered what the significance of these various monickers are and also whether there are any others that I have not noticed.

Just curious.

Incidentally

http://www.traderslaboratory.com/forums/members/list/ which is a link from a users profile page gives a page not found.

Cheers

Thats me being obtuse :)

I noticed that Nial Fuller ...

Oh yes these relationships were setup a while ago ... still trying to figure it out myself?! :-)

We are working on a new Articles section and we will be inviting many more people to write articles. I guess we already have one with Nial!

http://www.traderslaboratory.com/forums/members/list/ which is a link from a users profile page gives a page not found.

Yes we are aware of this but thanks for letting us know

MMS

:haha:

. still trying to figure it out myself?! :-) MMS

I am sure this has occurred to you but it seems to me that a 'contributor' appears kind of 'endorsed' by TL. Endorsed is perhaps over stating things but it does give a degree of 'respectability', more so than a 'sponsor'. I think with a sponsor most people are pretty clear what the basis of the relationship is between the sponsor and TL is.

I suppose as the section grows it will be obvious that these are 'guest writers' and that 'their views do not necessarily reflect the views of Traders Laboratory' (to use the old cliché). I guess it's all about attracting quality contributions in the end rather than vendors using it as a bit of free advertorial. T2Win seem to have done this kind of thing quite successfully though I am not sure they give contributors any sort of special status?

Anyway, as I said, just curiosity on my part.

I guess it's all about attracting quality contributions in the end rather than vendors using it as a bit of free advertorial.

Yes that really is the key to make this section a destination for readers. T2W does it well as does SeekingAlpha.

MMS