Welcome to the new Traders Laboratory! Please bear with us as we finish the migration over the next few days. If you find any issues, want to leave feedback, get in touch with us, or offer suggestions please post to the Support forum here.

• Welcome Guests

Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at Traders Laboratory such as interacting with members, access to all forums, downloading attachments, and eligibility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE Traders Laboratory account here.

A few years ago I had a basil plant. Unfortunately I was away a lot so didn't water it and it died. I now have 2 basil plants, 1 parsley plant, 1 lavender plant, 1 mint plant and 1 rosemary plant. Despite some bad patches of near death, due to the same problem with the first basil plant, only the mint has died.

Just realised I've been a much more successful gardener since I used more capital to acquire more assets and diversified my portfolio.

If a person has the skills needed to keep something alive and doing well, that may translate into other areas of their life. It's about paying attention, noticing what needs to be done, and attending to things in a timely fashion. It might not be a bad thing to look at an investment account like a plant or a garden that needs to be tended to in order for it to grow. There is a point of view that goes along with keeping something alive and thriving. You wouldn't want your plants or your garden to die, (or worse, your pet) so what's it going to take to make sure they are doing well and healthy? There is the aspect of being "in tune" and paying attention to possible subtle changes before it's too late.

A few years ago I had a basil plant. Unfortunately I was away a lot so didn't water it and it died. I now have 2 basil plants, 1 parsley plant, 1 lavender plant, 1 mint plant and 1 rosemary plant. Despite some bad patches of near death, due to the same problem with the first basil plant, only the mint has died.

Just realised I've been a much more successful gardener since I used more capital to acquire more assets and diversified my portfolio.

I grow about 5 Basil plants per season. I make an excellent Pesto, if I do say so myself.

I grow about 5 Basil plants per season. I make an excellent Pesto, if I do say so myself.

What’s your recipe?

We like it with

way too many pinenuts,

too much olive oil,

an average amount of parmesan, and

less than an average amount of fresh picked basil buds, flowers, and tiny leaves (instead of regular sized basil leaves), and a

short squeeze of lemon…

yum ...decadence!

What’s your recipe?

We like it with

way too many pinenuts,

too much olive oil,

an average amount of parmesan, and

less than an average amount of fresh picked basil buds, flowers, and tiny leaves (instead of regular sized basil leaves), and a

short squeeze of lemon…

yum ...decadence!

I'm getting hungary!

My recipe is about the same as yours... but, I do add a few tablespoons of Butter ( depending on how portions I am making ).

I don't have the time at the moment, but by this time tomorrow I will post the recipe for a Corsican Dish made with Basil, Tomatoes, and Brie Cheese. The mixture is set on the window ( or outside ) to be cooked by the Sun, then served on steaming hot Pasta (I prefer linguine ).

Ooo ZDO I never use the flowers in pesto but have some on the plant now, I'll give it a go. Seems traders like making pesto (that's the reason I bought the first plant lol)

MFX, Haven't tried butter. Hm?... have always just gone with light olive oil. Don't like anything interfering with the pinenut and basil flavors :) . (I do use the hard stuff, evo, in the red ital. dishes, like the recipe you're talking about, etc.)

iws, yep the flowers, buds, and tiny leaves bring the flavor without the bite that mature leaves have...

I'm getting hungary!

My recipe is about the same as yours... but, I do add a few tablespoons of Butter ( depending on how portions I am making ).

I don't have the time at the moment, but by this time tomorrow I will post the recipe for a Corsican Dish made with Basil, Tomatoes, and Brie Cheese. The mixture is set on the window ( or outside ) to be cooked by the Sun, then served on steaming hot Pasta (I prefer linguine ).

Ok, this is a dish that originated on the Island of Corsica.

It works best on a hot, sunny day.

3 cups of Basil. just the leaves, shredded or sliced lenthwise.

4 Large Tomatoes, chopped.

1 pound Brie Cheese, rind removed.

1 cup Olive Oil ( I prefer Sicilian unfiltered Extra Virgin ).

6 Cloves Garlic. Finely minced.

1 LB Lingine, the fresher the better.

In a large bowl add the oil and the Garlic. Remember, only the pata is going to be cooked in the conventional sense, so you want to get that Garlic marinating as soon as possible.

Shred your Basil or slice lenthwise. As little stem as possible. Add this to the bowl.

Chop the Tomatoes, a little larger than cube size. Add this to the bowl.

Next, remove the rind from the cheese and pull it off in cube size chunks. Add this to the bowl.

Salt and pepper to taste. Give the contents a mixing and place in direct sunlight for 3 hours or so. Cover the bowl with a kitchen or dish towel.

Prepare the pasta just prior to serving. Add the steaming pasta to the mixture in the bowl, toss well and serve.

Bon Appetit !

:

Chris are you italian that knew that for made pesto needed basil plants,:question:

Yes... I am part Sicilian. :)

One of the most beatiful Italy's region,may i ask you which part?she's so beatiful and have a very clean sea,i'm italian,i saw many place in the world but i don't visit sicily again,infact are two .tree years that i would love to go in holiday,i would like to go in lipari or favignana two beatiful isle's of sicily.