Welcome to the new Traders Laboratory! Please bear with us as we finish the migration over the next few days. If you find any issues, want to leave feedback, get in touch with us, or offer suggestions please post to the Support forum here.

• Welcome Guests

Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at Traders Laboratory such as interacting with members, access to all forums, downloading attachments, and eligibility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE Traders Laboratory account here.

choubix

Getting Started with Automated Trading, Some Questions

Hello,

I am interested in automated trading. I've been trading equities and fx for a little while with reasonable results and I believe it is now time to put some science into my "educated guesses"

I wanted to seek some advice from experimented traders having (or being in the process of) automated their trading.

1. data:

where to get between 5 to 10 years of historical intraday data on the cheap? (heard that it is possible to download data from IB using multicharts over time. great option if possible but a bit slow)

2. software:

I am keen on multicharts (easylanguage, can be pluged intoIB... I've just downlaoded their "lite" version that is for FX)

however:

how does it fare in terms of backtesting abilities?

is it possible to input the cost of brokerage and cost of leverage (easily) in a model ?

how difficult would it be to apply optimal f to strategies?

does it allow Zscore/ Pearson correlation coefficient and MAE/MFE analysis?

Where to find ready made strategies to see how they are built? (that would allow me to get started somewhere...)

Are there any better alternative to IB+multicharts? (not really keen on MT4, I have read countless posts on brokers backing MT for all the wrong reasons...)

Thank you for reading my post, looking forward to reading your answers!

+++

A.

Hey Choubix, I know thinkorswim's Prodigio platform is pretty robust when it comes to setting up your automated strategy, that would be one to check out. There's also another firm out of Chicago called Tickit, they have a pretty solid platform as well.

Here's a Market Data Feeds table from MultiCharts. IQFeed seems the best.

NinjaTrader and MultiCharts can't do want I need. I'm looking into NeoTicker right now and it looks like it might work for me. If not then I'll be using R (R+RStudio+IBrokers+iqfeed) or a combination of tools.

For Forex I am trading through Zulutrade's platform. Many Signal Providers send worthy trades.

The thing is to find them out, cause not always the first in their ranking... are those who make the profits.

For Forex I am trading through Zulutrade's platform. Many Signal Providers send worthy trades.

The thing is to find them out, cause not always the first in their ranking... are those who make the profits.

Hello jean, are you still on zulutrade? Who are you followign these days? Any good trader to follow? ;)