Welcome to the new Traders Laboratory! Please bear with us as we finish the migration over the next few days. If you find any issues, want to leave feedback, get in touch with us, or offer suggestions please post to the Support forum here.

• Welcome Guests

Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at Traders Laboratory such as interacting with members, access to all forums, downloading attachments, and eligibility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE Traders Laboratory account here.

Arthur

Account Types

Hi all

I came through the article where the author has stated that there are 3 types of account. It stated that the brokerage houses offers cash account, margin account and option account. What type of account must be posses by me in order to trade? Is there any plus and minus of different accounts? Which will be the most suitable for beginners like me? It stated that margin account has more added benefits along with some complications and lengthy procedures. Is that true?

Regards

With a margin account, the broker lends you money to purchase securities, . . . if you spend more than the amount of cash in your account. In other words, you can spend more money than you really have:

http://www.investopedia.com/terms/m/marginaccount.asp

Some brokers don't offer anything other than a margin account. Personally, I wouldn't purchase "on margin" unless you have at least months of proven trading success.