Welcome to the new Traders Laboratory! Please bear with us as we finish the migration over the next few days. If you find any issues, want to leave feedback, get in touch with us, or offer suggestions please post to the Support forum here.

• Welcome Guests

Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at Traders Laboratory such as interacting with members, access to all forums, downloading attachments, and eligibility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE Traders Laboratory account here.

Mysticforex

Traders Laboratory Forex Trading Contest!

With the April contest winding down I want to thank OneMove for doing a SUPER Job!!

We all thank you.

Be sure to stay tuned for April's winner.

For the May contest we are going back to the 2 month format of the contest.

Start date will be Weds. May 1st - End date will be Fri. June 28th

GOOD LUCK TO ALL

Here is the link to join the May/June contest:

https://fx2.oanda.com/mod_perl/fxcontest/fxcontest.pl?rm=contestDetails&contestId=2683

I don't understand Mystic's stats. With so few number of trades and volume, you could make those DD and return !?

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I don't understand Mystic's stats. With so few number of trades and volume, you could make those DD and return !?

Early in the contest I had to walk away from the contest. Had an open trade with no S/L.

Here is the final for April Contest as of end of the day in April.

Nicoacademia led the contest almost the entire way and completed the contest with an RUNAWAY Portfolio Return more than doubling that account size - CONGRATULATIONS!!!

Mr_Black[bG] sprinted the last few days turning a negative return to a SUBSTANTIAL Portfolio Return - CONGRATULATIONS!!

HONORABLE MENTIONS to the ones in POSITIVE: Awarenessforex (4EverMaAT) and wg!

Traderunner shows remarkable restraints to not take any trades when conditions are not absolutely perfect.

2013-05-01_0050.png.221facc046842f0547c570a17ad1751e.png

Here is the final for April Contest as of end of the day in April.

Nicoacademia led the contest almost the entire way and completed the contest with an RUNAWAY Portfolio Return more than doubling that account size - CONGRATULATIONS!!!

Mr_Black[bG] sprinted the last few days turning a negative return to a SUBSTANTIAL Portfolio Return - CONGRATULATIONS!!

HONORABLE MENTIONS to the ones in POSITIVE: Awarenessforex (4EverMaAT) and wg!

Traderunner shows remarkable restraints to not take any trades when conditions are not absolutely perfect.

thank you onemove for administering so faithfully everyday the contest :)

may has begun n we're innit for the long haul till june :)

Oops, margin call :crap: :rofl:

Let every setback be a learning experience. What went wrong? And how would you avoid that in the future?

Edited by onemove

Let every setback be a learning experience. What went wrong? And how would you avoid that in the future?

Averaging down + too much leverage = recipe for disaster

I do ok for a while with stops in place and reasonable position sizes .... and then that little red guy on my shoulder starts whispering in my ear: "what a pathetic return, you can do better than that, INCREASE POSITION SIZE!!!" ..... and somehow I can't resist :(

Averaging down + too much leverage = recipe for disaster

I do ok for a while with stops in place and reasonable position sizes .... and then that little red guy on my shoulder starts whispering in my ear: "what a pathetic return, you can do better than that, INCREASE POSITION SIZE!!!" ..... and somehow I can't resist :(

the best thing to do is find a smaller lot size series that works out well for you; then you can simply increase the lot size across the board. This is more systematic and requires testing.

You don't just increase the lot size based on fear/greed alone.