Welcome to the new Traders Laboratory! Please bear with us as we finish the migration over the next few days. If you find any issues, want to leave feedback, get in touch with us, or offer suggestions please post to the Support forum here.

• Welcome Guests

Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at Traders Laboratory such as interacting with members, access to all forums, downloading attachments, and eligibility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE Traders Laboratory account here.

brownsfan019

View Unread Posts

Do you mean the one that is right under "My account" on the right hand side of the page when you 1st log-in?

You can get to it by clicking on "unread posts"

My Account

snowbird

118 Unread Posts since your last visit.

You last visited: 01-12-11 at 3:55 am

Private Messages: 0 New PMs.

It used to be on every page pretty much. There is still space for it personally I'd like it back it was pretty convenient. It now means extra clicks to go to the home page then click the link. Really that's a no no (especially on mobile devices)

Please restore it!!

Well I guess as Tams suggested it is a shameless attempt to drive up homepage hits? It should not be on the homepage it should be where you read threads. What are you guys thinking?

We talked it through and we're going to ask the developer to try and move the "Mark as Read" that is at the bottom of each page to the top/top right so it's more convenient.

The "Unread Posts" that is an option off the homepage we're going to try and see if they can at least put it in the main forums page so it would be more readily accessible there.

Request is in so hopefully won't take too long. Thanks.

MMS

MMS,

If your developer uses a version control system, that code in the prior release had the perfect placement, imo.

Indeed it did. Though to make it better than perfect a link at the top right of the page (where it was) and at the bottom right would cater to every eventuality :)

I have reported this before... and I want to bring to your attention again,

HOW DO YOU EXPECT to grow this website if people are not aware of new and interesting discussions that are happening ?

how do you expect people to participate and create more traffic if they don't know there is a party going on ???

Can you see all the threads with zero, or maybe a couple of meager replies?

maybe you can see why there are so little responds; people do not go through all the sub-forums to look for new threads.

eg. this new thread was not list on the front page

http://www.traderslaboratory.com/forums/tradestation-custom-programming/10229-trendline-vs-plots.html