Welcome to the new Traders Laboratory! Please bear with us as we finish the migration over the next few days. If you find any issues, want to leave feedback, get in touch with us, or offer suggestions please post to the Support forum here.

• Welcome Guests

Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at Traders Laboratory such as interacting with members, access to all forums, downloading attachments, and eligibility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE Traders Laboratory account here.

picker304

The Aroon Setup for Very Little False Signals

I have spent hundreds of hours back testing many combinations of indicators and my extensive studies have concluded out of all the indicators the aroon gives the fewest of false signals. I use it along with an RSI2 and 14 crossover confirmation.

picker

hi picker304, can u give your setup for the Aroon Indicator/Oscillator ?

well, Developed by Tushar Chande in 1995, Aroon is an indicator system that determines whether a stock is trending or not and how strong the trend is. "Aroon" means "Dawn's Early Light" in Sanskrit. :)The Aroon indicators measure the number of periods since price recorded an x-day high or low.

imo its a lagging one, if you can post some of your back tests then it would be nice.:)

Ok guys first I set up a daily chart with aroon and RSI2 and 14. I wait for RSI2 to cross 14. Through my personal backtesting I find this is a precursor most of the time. when the bull aroon line crosses the bear line I jump in. a good strategy for me Hope this helps

picker

(moderator: Sorry, promotional URL removed)