Welcome to the new Traders Laboratory! Please bear with us as we finish the migration over the next few days. If you find any issues, want to leave feedback, get in touch with us, or offer suggestions please post to the Support forum here.

• Welcome Guests

Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at Traders Laboratory such as interacting with members, access to all forums, downloading attachments, and eligibility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE Traders Laboratory account here.

Reaver

Does anyone use Cisco data?

Ant (since you took the Cisco course) or anyone here, do you use the Cisco data, or otherwiase have any experience or opinions on it?

I ask because to me it seems many people who have taken the Cisco course end up creating their own ideas and usually state other data sources (Market Delta, etc) and I was curious if anyone here uses the Cisco data? I am presently taking the Long Course, and love it, though I think I am a glutton for punishment, and I really like the way Cisco has the data set up as far as Visual Graphic, etc, but since I can't say at this point that i know enough to really have an opinion either way, I was wondering if most would say they end up seeking trading data, etc from elsewhere.

Thanks!

Reaver,

I used Cisco-Futures data while I was taking the course. I liked the Visual Graphic and the Bracket screen. I never used their real-time data because it was web-based and required refreshes. I also didn't like having to re-login into every different screen. My biggest issue was that their data wouldn't be ready until late at night so I couldn't do my "homework" until late - not convenient at all. But like you said, I've created my own tools that I use with TradeStation and Wealth-Lab. I'm looking for a backup trading platform and am looking at IB with Ensign, IB with Wealth-Lab, and IB with Investor R/T. Any suggestions would be appreciated. At some point, I'm going to try to recreate their Bracket screen, which lists all of the markets that are in balance. Perhaps RadarScreen in TradeStation can help with that.

Ant,

Hey thanks man, when I am more qualified, I'll definitely let you know anything I come across in my studies that may be of interest to you regarding any data or programs, etc. Thanks for the help!

Anytime. It's the most intense MP charting that I've ever come across. Any Q's just let me know. Also...if you do go with them, be sure to tell them that Chris Roberts sent ya! :)