Welcome to the new Traders Laboratory! Please bear with us as we finish the migration over the next few days. If you find any issues, want to leave feedback, get in touch with us, or offer suggestions please post to the Support forum here.

• Welcome Guests

Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at Traders Laboratory such as interacting with members, access to all forums, downloading attachments, and eligibility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE Traders Laboratory account here.

atuc

INYO - What is the Best BROKER + PLATFORM for ETFs Trading

Hey all,

Are there any experienced traders out there that could suggest what they think the best broker + charting + feed combo is nowadays?

My background is FX and I personally like MT4 but can't find ETF brokers for it.

Thanks

Arnz

Interactive Brokers has a large customer base. Many customers are satisfied with them but you do get a few complaints as their customer service pretty much assumes you know what you're doing. Also their data is not tick by tick ... it comes in packets every 100ms to avoid fast market issues. I love them and like the fact that you can trade Australian and Asian markets as well as forex, and US and European futures and stock markets.

Sierra Chart is a great low cost charting platform (not free like mt4 though) and they integrate with a number of brokers for data and order entry and management - including IB.

Lots of choices though - those are just my preference :)

I'm with Kiwi on IB. You could also use their data and hook it directly into NinjaTrader which would give you some really powerful order entry/order management plus charting at minimal to no cost for that. That assumes you don't need full streaming charts as Kiwi mentioned.

If you do, I would consider Tradestation or another that has a rabid fanbase would be Think or Swim especially for equities/options.

Appreciate the suggestions. IB gets a lot of thumbs up I noticed so looks like I will go down that road - I am in Australia so the international access will come in handy also.

Just a matter of pinning down charting software. The pain is I have a few custom indies that I will need to transduce to a non MT4 platform. Ninja seems to look ok but theres quite a few to choose from.

One advantage for you if you go the IB route and use Ninja is you have an easy connection between them for data to charting and trade execution.

You can also program custom indicators in Ninja or have someone do it for you - there's enough people out there who now how to program for Ninja (and for that matter Metatrader or Easy Language for Tradestation, etc...)

Plus you can have all of the benefits for a low to no cost.

Appreciate the suggestions. IB gets a lot of thumbs up I noticed so looks like I will go down that road - I am in Australia so the international access will come in handy also.

Just a matter of pinning down charting software. The pain is I have a few custom indies that I will need to transduce to a non MT4 platform. Ninja seems to look ok but theres quite a few to choose from.

Thanks for all the comments. I am in the process of establishing am IB account now. I guess that satisfies the broker + feed issue quite well.

Since I would be just dabbling with it for a few months I would like to only use free charting software. I take it Ninja is one of the only good charting packages out there thats free...?

I believe Sierra Charts also can integrate with IB data and something called J-Charts. I haven't personally used Sierra Charts in a number of years, and have never used the other so I can't give you a good direct compare of them vs. Ninja. However, I think you'll be in good company with Ninja.

MMS

Thanks for all the comments. I am in the process of establishing am IB account now. I guess that satisfies the broker + feed issue quite well.

Since I would be just dabbling with it for a few months I would like to only use free charting software. I take it Ninja is one of the only good charting packages out there thats free...?