Welcome to the new Traders Laboratory! Please bear with us as we finish the migration over the next few days. If you find any issues, want to leave feedback, get in touch with us, or offer suggestions please post to the Support forum here.

• Welcome Guests

Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at Traders Laboratory such as interacting with members, access to all forums, downloading attachments, and eligibility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE Traders Laboratory account here.

neutral

Fast Reliable and Cheap Emini Broker

Hello

Lately i have been analysing the slippage I have on CME Emini trades, since it has come to my attention that the actual execution of my Emini CME Futures orders is

kind of slow.

Since the slippage on my stopmarket entry and exits is more than the commission I pay,

im wondering are there alternatives brokers that are as relaible and cheap, but are substantial faster in executing orders than IB.

Or is there something I can do, latency or something, to get quicker order fills?

I'd have thought IB would be pretty quick, although I've never used them.

Are you using resting orders or market orders? Which product?

If you're trading ES in reg hours you should have almost 0 slippage, especially if using resting orders (orders in the market before price gets there - rather than trying to lift bids/take offers).

I've been very happy with IB and speed of executions -- if anything I think any delay comes on my end.

However, I can also say I have some funds being traded through Mirus Futures & ZenFire and when comparing fills have been impressed - some of that could be due to their hardware/internet perhaps being faster than mine so not 100% it's the broker but another good option.

I agree with TheDude that there should be no slippage with an e-mini in regular hours. Also, IB has direct connections and a good platform, so that probably isn't the issue. Although you have probably thought of this, double check your connection speed and try having no other programs running when trading. Here is a good place to check your connection: Speedtest.net - The Global Broadband Speed Test

I would say that you want to be at at least 1 up and 5 down. I guess it couldn't hurt to try another firm, there are several good ones offering really low rates.

Vance

MAD SCIENTIST: "Also I find windows xp the best to trade on. Not vista or win 7."

Your comment regarding WIN XP being best to trade on surprised me. I would have thought Win 7 would provide faster thru put, etc. I have XP now but just bought a new

system with Win 7 on it.

What did you find specifically better in XP vs. Win 7? :confused:

Thanx ahead of time. Tom M. aka pathfinder 62

Without question Win 7 will blow away Vista for trading. So that's a definite.

My preference of XP over Win 7 isn't anything major -- if you have a fairly current and powerful computer Win 7 is clearly very capable. However, when I ran a newer laptop with Win 7 and all my trading software it was frequently bogged down -- a weaker laptop in XP, same software and no issues.

I think XP is still less of a drain overall and that's why I still have a preference for it. It's just so stable and less of a drain.

However, I'm sure for most, Win 7 on a current computer is going to be fine.

MMS

You should check out my broker postrockglobal.com. great commission and best service. I use the CQG platform to for my spread trades and fast order filled. CQG is one of it kind for pro traders.

I know there are definitely some volume deals out there for retail traders --and that's what I'm referring too since that's within the reach of 98% of the people that would be hear.

As I have mentioned I trade with IB and I know while I don't get the lowest rate available it's low enough given the quality executions and system reliability. Price matters - as do a few other things.

I used to trade with IB, but found the platform a bit archaic and some execution delays as a result. At IB I paid $1.70 RT plus fees; which were beyond exchange and NFA unfortunately. Also, when occasionally I had to call.. oh my goodness. Anyways, since I traded at Mirus and Man and ended up at Generic Trade. I was not happy about giving up my Ninja; but after getting used to their platform, I really like it quite a bit (its really, really fast). Anyways, sorry to ramble - I pay a total of 1.18 rt plus exchange and NFA ONLY.