Welcome to the new Traders Laboratory! Please bear with us as we finish the migration over the next few days. If you find any issues, want to leave feedback, get in touch with us, or offer suggestions please post to the Support forum here.

• Welcome Guests

Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at Traders Laboratory such as interacting with members, access to all forums, downloading attachments, and eligibility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE Traders Laboratory account here.

GRANDEUR

Buy/Sell on Trendline Break (EL)

Please, could anyone tell me how to code a simple algorithm:

buy next bar at down trendline break.

Down trendline is formed by connection of two points: swinghigh and swinghigh[1].

do you know the ID of the trendline?

What do you mean by the "ID"?

The answer I'm looking for is wether it is possiple in TradeStation not only to visualize trends but also to trade them mechanically?

For example, I have two lows:

1) swinglow(2,low,2,15)*;

2) swinglow(2,low,2,15).

* - Syntax of 'swinglow' function in EasyLanguage: SwingLow(Instance, Price, Strength, Length)

So I want to draw an imaginary trendline connecting these two lows, assuming it is an uptrend line. When the price touches this imaginary line from up to down I want there would be a 'sell short' signal. And vice versa for down trendlines and buy signals.

The answer I'm looking for is wether it is possiple....

anything is POSSIBLE

if you can visualize it, quantify it, articulate it, you can code it.

Edited by Tams

3monkeys, thank you for your post but unfortunately I am not allowed to log in to TradeStation Discussion Forum. Actually, I'm a MultiCharts user not TradeStation though the coding languages are similar.

Tams, I believe in my inner abilities but I would be glad if somebody helped me in coding the algorithm :)

Tams, I believe in my inner abilities but I would be glad if somebody helped me in coding the algorithm :)

do you want someone to code it for you?

or do you want someone to point you the way,

and assist you when you are stuck?