Welcome to the new Traders Laboratory! Please bear with us as we finish the migration over the next few days. If you find any issues, want to leave feedback, get in touch with us, or offer suggestions please post to the Support forum here.

• Welcome Guests

Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at Traders Laboratory such as interacting with members, access to all forums, downloading attachments, and eligibility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE Traders Laboratory account here.

thalestrader

The Race

I don't know you guys, but based on what I know about trading, reading your posts makes me believe you are 'behind the water' as we say here, making enough money for a living by trading, enabling you setting < $3k aside for this "little" sideplay.

From you, whom trading levels I hope to reach one day, reading comments about your losing days and basic mistakes like chasing trades, etc. is incredibly alleviating, inspiring, and it gives me personally the ultimate signal that I can conquer my trading emotions - it can be done, seeing with my own eyes that pros encounter them as well and are still profitable.

This looks like this will be an incredibly inspiring thread to me, so keep going, good luck to you all as I believe luck is involved here in a certain degree, and I acknowledge the only limitations are in our heads (referring to the 30%-ish annual gain Mouse mentioned here). Regards.

I don't know you guys, but based on what I know about trading, reading your posts makes me believe you are 'behind the water' as we say here, making enough money for a living by trading, enabling you setting < $3k aside for this "little" sideplay.

From you, whom trading levels I hope to reach one day, reading comments about your losing days and basic mistakes like chasing trades, etc. is incredibly alleviating, inspiring, and it gives me personally the ultimate signal that I can conquer my trading emotions - it can be done, seeing with my own eyes that pros encounter them as well and are still profitable.

This looks like this will be an incredibly inspiring thread to me, so keep going, good luck to you all as I believe luck is involved here in a certain degree, and I acknowledge the only limitations are in our heads (referring to the 30%-ish annual gain Mouse mentioned here). Regards.

I, for one, always take tremendous inspiration from real life success stories and I do think this thread has the potential to spawn at least one or two of those.

Cheers,

fxT

Got a problem with a contestant "shifting gears", transferring funds from a min-FX account into a regular one once the account balance grows to that point?

Hi dwt,

I was just going back through the thread and I caught your question about shifting gears - I have no problem with that at all. I doubt any of the other participants would have any objections, though they should speak now or forever hold their peace. I myself have considered taking some profits, should they accrue sufficiently, and opening a second account (seeded, of course, out of the profits on the initial stake) and adding stock and option swing trades to the futures trades in my quest for the elusive (some, would no doubt say "illusive") million dollars.

You can start with a microfx account, roll into a futures or ECN forex account, etc. and so on.

Best Wishes,

Thales

Hi Folks,

I managed to check things out briefly yesterday afternoon. I had one trade on the 6E that I unfortunately had to cut short when I had to leave for the rest of the day.

attachment.php?attachmentid=20905&stc=1&d=1273143935

Best Wishes,

Thales

5aa71002b3c07_2010-05-05TAFThales1.jpg.9c197a5faac720ede9c6724eaee3f086.jpg

I took it on the chin yesterday, but back positive for the week after a good morning today.

ditto! Except not positive on he week :-( Did good this am by switching to QM to withstand the surge in volitility in oil.

5aa71002cbd3f_5-5P-n-L.thumb.jpg.abda016e4afab69ab1c92edaa5695685.jpg

I won't trade with the Oanda account any longer because of the small leverage.

Yesterday i've opened an account with Exness who offers a max. leverage 1:1000

The starting balance is $99

exnesslive.th.png

Let's see how this will work out.

Don't know if i trade today or tomorrow.

Quite a wild ride for me. Won 50pts on the AUS, lost 27 on the Euro, then won 30 on the Euro. While I trade all of my set-ups, these days I pray that if it's on the Euro I am going short.

I won't trade with the Oanda account any longer because of the small leverage.

Yesterday i've opened an account with Exness who offers a max. leverage 1:1000

The starting balance is $99

It's fine to switch accounts yeaheah, but do make sure to include a final pnl from the Oanda account when you PM with your weekly totals on Saturday.

Best Wishes,

Thales

ditto! Except not positive on he week :-( Did good this am by switching to QM to withstand the surge in volitility in oil.

What happened to your $200/day loss limit?

Best Wishes,

Thales

It's fine to switch accounts yeaheah, but do make sure to include a final pnl from the Oanda account when you PM with your weekly totals on Saturday.

Best Wishes,

Thales

Hey know what.

I will continue trading the Oanda account to test some crazy strategies.

So i will trade here with two different accounts and will report for both every day/week.

Hey know what.

I will continue trading the Oanda account to test some crazy strategies.

So i will trade here with two different accounts and will report for both every day/week.

No problem. I'll add the $99 to your starting capital total. Good Luck!

Best Wishes,

Thales

Hi Racers,

Just a reminder that I need your week ending equity PM'd to me by noon EDT on Sunday. I will post the weekly summary Sunday afternoon.

Also, if you had trades yesterday and have not done so, please post a pic of of your daily statement.

Best Wishes,

Thales

Here is my statement for yesterday. This morning was bad. Had my stop set wrong, off by four points. Just hit my stop, then went on to be a fantasy winner, instead I lost 27. Then got in the CAD, and that was a 12 pt. loser. Just ended the day with a 50 pt. winner on the Euro, which was much needed. Up around 360 for the week, not where I hoped to be, but not bad.

5aa71003049b8_5-6page1.thumb.jpg.4f5e66cbf5648bb0d64ea88cf799b36e.jpg

5aa71003142fd_5-6page2.thumb.jpg.7ae22c19c675b7d6e496c507cf9bdd87.jpg