Welcome to the new Traders Laboratory! Please bear with us as we finish the migration over the next few days. If you find any issues, want to leave feedback, get in touch with us, or offer suggestions please post to the Support forum here.

• Welcome Guests

Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at Traders Laboratory such as interacting with members, access to all forums, downloading attachments, and eligibility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE Traders Laboratory account here.

sicktrader

Let's Trade (Volume V)

Looking forward to following this thread.

Curious... how are we going to know if these are really 'live, real money' trading accounts? :confused:

I guess we will have to be on the honor system.

I'll post a screen shot from my daily equity run for this account, which Transact Futures emails daily in a .pdf file. Unless I am mistaken, most demo accounts will produce a blotter, but none that I know of, will produce a genuine demo equity run/daily statement, complete with the info one expects to see from his or her broker the next day (executions with time stamps, commission, fees, open/closed equity). For example, Transact demo account can produce a blotter, but it will not generate a separate equity run as it does for live accounts. If someone does have such a demo account, more power to them. For such a small entry requirment, I would hope that anyone who chooses to participate (right now it looks like it is still just me and sick) would be willing to trade real account.

And remember, if someone does post a run showing the million, he or she is on the hook to fly all the participants to meet one another for an expenses paid gathering. Without that, any claim to have made a million is just a claim. Now, if someone wants to fake a screen shot showing a phony million, and then pony up the dough to send me on an expenses paid vacation, I'm fine with that.

Best Wishes,

Thales

I'll provide any info except name, address, and account number. I clear through RCG, and have my statement emailed to me daily at around midnight EST. I addition, I would have no problem allowing Thales access to my account to verify once I am out. Finally, I will try to post most trades once I enter, and identify my exit area. The info posted in the am will match my calls. When I attempted this on ET I was using a different system and could call my entry minutes in advance, not the case with my current system. I will be trading currency futures, and pretty much all of them. Usually in the game around 3:00am, and out by noon unless there is a Fed announcement in the afternoon.

This is a friendly event, which is why I am greatly interested. I didn't start the one last week because I was afraid it would appear like a "look at me" type of thread, which was not the purpose. Moving along this journey with Thales and hopefully others takes that out of consideration. The ultimate goal is to teach a few people my approach to money management. I am not saying it is the best, but it works, and would greatly help those with management issues.

Yes, in the ET version my language was sometimes in the gutter. Didn't start out that way, but the people at ET had a way of bringing out the worst in me. I am happy top be a member of TL, and I will be ever mindfull of the standards set forth by previous and current members of this community.

Finally, Thales, tell me when you are firing the starting gun. Don't want to be late.

Paul,

The particular account I will be trading is one I use such deviations from the norm as this. I funded it back in 2008 with 3K and it has fluctuated between an equity high of I think 5K and change and its worst draw down was a few dollars over 1K as I play around with this and that instrument, chart pattern, etc. and so on. Typically it sees a bunch of $90-$150 daily profits followed by a quick string of $600 daily losses. While I love to play in my sand box, in the end it is the 123's and 2B's I trade in my trading account seem to be the only thing that really works for me. As I am coupling my Race efforts with one of my experiments, I'd not be surprised if all I manage is a string of small wins alternated with a string of larger losses. So while I'd love to hit a million, I'm in this more for the fun than any such expectation.

Thales,

I don't think that is the proper mindset. I hope to see you at the finish line, and would rather not ride alone.

Edited by sicktrader

Thales,

I don't think that is the proper mindset. I hope to see you at the finish line, and would rather not ride alone.

Don't worry, sicko, I'll be trading for infinite yield. I want to meet you in NYC, not Vegas! So I have incentive to get to the finish line before you.

Best Wishes,

Thales

... I addition, I would have no problem allowing Thales access to my account to verify once I am out...

Same here ... I'll let Sick have access to my broker at the end of the contest. Even better, I suggest we allow James, TL's founder, to verify our trading records, for good or for ill, to his satisfaction.

Finally, Thales, tell me when you are firing the starting gun. Don't want to be late.

I will start "The Race" thread tomorrow evening, Monday April 26, 2010. I will post a screen shot of my statement Tuesday morning. The current balance is $1500 and change. For the first screen shot, I will show the whole statement with personal ID info erased using paint. Thereafter, I will simply screen capture that portion of the statement that shows the required info - trades, timestamps, commish, fees, equity.

Trading will start Tuesday, April 27, 2010. I will not be trying to post real time calls, but I will try to include a chart each morning of the instrument(s) I traded the prior day and I will mark entry and exit on a 5 minute chart.

Also, I will start the thread in the "Trading Logs" section of TL. I think Brownie and sevensa are moderators there, if I am not mistaken, and I'm sure that we can count on them swiftly to remove any irresponsible or disrespectful posts from the peanut gallery.

Best Wishes,

Thales

PS: I have been trying to contact Brownsfan but to no reponse, if anyone knows his number please contact him as I know he would want to participate.

And how exactly have you tried to contact me? No PMs and that's the only option here.

I'd like to see Brownie join in as well.

Best Wishes,

Thales

I will not be joining you guys in this. Have fun, will be an interested lurker.

And how exactly have you tried to contact me? No PMs and that's the only option here..

Brownie, I must say you are one of my favorites. I did not send a PM, rather went the mental telepathy route. In fact, each time the Browns drafted another loser I did a quick shot of Crown, closed my eyes, and concentrated on contacting you via the mental airwaves. I gather it did not work. Wish you could play with us, but at the same time it's nice to have you around.

Brownie, I must say you are one of my favorites. I did not send a PM, rather went the mental telepathy route. In fact, each time the Browns drafted another loser I did a quick shot of Crown, closed my eyes, and concentrated on contacting you via the mental airwaves. I gather it did not work. Wish you could play with us, but at the same time it's nice to have you around.

Well if you had any real knowledge of the NFL draft you'd realize that it takes at least 2-3 years before we have an idea if the draft was good or not.

McCoy in the 3rd was nice. On paper, it all looks good. Time will tell.

PS

I just hope McCoy doesn't turn into a serial 'dater' (and that's putting it nicely)... ;)

Actually was just kidding around and thought the Steelers were horrid in all picks except for the 1st. Can't stand Ben anymore. In fact the niece of my good friend was dating him, but only lasted a few months. She kept saying why couldn't it have been Sid Crosby in the VIP lounge. She is very hot, I'm thinking of a way to get her on Rome is Burning, then setting her loose on a VH1 reality show since while hot she has trailer park tendencies. But back on topic, Steeler Nation is turning against Ben in a big way, though I'm sure when he throws his first TD pass I'm sure all will be forgot. With his suspension, 8-8 is the best I can hope for. Steelers went for a bunch of those 5'8" receivers, they always work out well.

Edited by sicktrader