Welcome to the new Traders Laboratory! Please bear with us as we finish the migration over the next few days. If you find any issues, want to leave feedback, get in touch with us, or offer suggestions please post to the Support forum here.

• Welcome Guests

Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at Traders Laboratory such as interacting with members, access to all forums, downloading attachments, and eligibility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE Traders Laboratory account here.

forrestang

Greed is Good....The new Wall Street Flick.

Its been in the making for a long time.... but if there are any fans of the original.

http://trailers.apple.com/trailers/fox/wallstreetmoneyneversleeps/

I haven't seen that movie since I was a kid, but for some reason I have really fond memories.

Here's a clip from the original

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7upG01-XWbY]YouTube- Gordon Gekko "Greed is Good"[/ame]

Edited by forrestang
edited thread title

I saw Wall Street for the first time in my late teens. I fell in love with it and attracted me to the financial markets. (Boiler Room was another influence) I must of watched Wall Street over a dozen times so far.

I am definitely looking forward to seeing this flick when it comes out.

Check out Shia Labeouf on Kimmel talking about his "trading research". Turned 20k into 450k+ lol... gotta love it. He sounds like he really got bit by the trading bug.

But the best part is his story about the guys on his prop firm that all went to jail! lol!

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zP0C-G_iWAg]YouTube - Shia LaBeouf Talks About Making Money[/ame]

IMO - this documentary will be better for traders, while the movie will just piss off the public and excite aspiring "traders" (I mean really, how many traders are running through the office and flying in helicopters?)

Player omroep.nl

It's in Dutch, but it's fairly easy to figure out how to make it play.

IMO - this documentary will be better for traders, while the movie will just piss off the public and excite aspiring "traders" (I mean really, how many traders are running through the office and flying in helicopters?)

Player omroep.nl

It's in Dutch, but it's fairly easy to figure out how to make it play.

Thanks!

I really enjoyed that, even understood most of the Dutch too.

I just watched the original again, and it was nice to see again now that I have some idea of what was going on in the movie.

Particularly the first scene when Gekko started "ACCUMULATING" that airline prior to it breaking out. The way they depicted all the subsequent buying was rather interesting.