Welcome to the new Traders Laboratory! Please bear with us as we finish the migration over the next few days. If you find any issues, want to leave feedback, get in touch with us, or offer suggestions please post to the Support forum here.

• Welcome Guests

Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at Traders Laboratory such as interacting with members, access to all forums, downloading attachments, and eligibility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE Traders Laboratory account here.

Dinerotrader

Scale

Question 1

I am trying to mark S/R lines from prior days so I can have them noted on the current chart but my scale gets messed up so everything is tiny. How can I make the chart NOT try to fit all my S/R lines on the screen but still adjust to price as it moves?

Question 2

I haven't been able to figure out how to change the X axis and associated grid lines to show the time intervals I want. For example I would like to change the chart below to just show vertical grid lines at each 30 minutes and have those grid lines labled with the time.

attachment.php?attachmentid=16233&stc=1&d=1259862597

5aa70f7727a27_12-3-20091.thumb.png.f5f47fb0a76d631c3bfc36803e9ac4bf.png

Regarding 1)

Right click the line, go to Properties and switch Auto-Zoom off

Don't forget to hook Save as Default for the future.

Regarding 2)

Go to Expand Properties of Chart - Current Profile. Change Time Interval from Auto to 30 or any other number you like.

TimeInterval.png.b677a75c18e4d71915b9d02ec9e5d1ae.png

Okay here is how my chart window looks now. Do you have any suggestions? Did you ever figure something out to change your chart appearance that was really useful that I haven't incorporated?

Question 3

I haven't been able to figure out how to change the text I write on the chart. I click on the text tool and I can't change the font or size of the text.

attachment.php?attachmentid=16292&stc=1&d=1259959375

5aa70f78e7027_12-4-20096.png.ae613ffbfbf479c54c8c53f5a4431fab.png

Question 3

I haven't been able to figure out how to change the text I write on the chart. I click on the text tool and I can't change the font or size of the text.

After you put some sort of text on the chart, right click-properties. Bunch of options there. If you find the font and size you like, I'd save it as default.

Did you ever figure something out to change your chart appearance that was really useful that I haven't incorporated?

That depends on you I'd say. My drawing tools are on the left, charting tools on top. I don't use the Right Margin - there is no space to be wasted on my screens ;)

As to question 3, all is said.

After you put some sort of text on the chart, right click-properties. Bunch of options there. If you find the font and size you like, I'd save it as default.

Thanks. I think I somehow didn't realize you could right click things and get specific properties for that item you clicked on. It makes sense with since everything in Windows does this but the other items that show up on the "right-click" box are not item specific so I got confused. This is the key I was missing. Thanks.

Also, you can create your own tool bars. I like to do that since I dont have a need for 3/4ths of the standard toolbars. If you only use certain tools, no need to have a bunch of extra buttons you are never going to use.

That depends on you I'd say.

I agree with that. Just wanted to make sure there wasn't some hidden icon you can click on and it will show you where price will be 1 minute into the future. That would be helpful.

I don't know why I like the right margin. I always think I need more screen space but when I don't use it I feel like my mind doesn't have "room" to "see" where price is going. When I start using lots of quotes it normally means its an emotional thing.

I don't know why I like the right margin. I always think I need more screen space but when I don't use it I feel like my mind doesn't have "room" to "see" where price is going. When I start using lots of quotes it normally means its an emotional thing.

I remember some trading guru saying that, too. Bottom line: One should't confine oneself to the limits of charts because prices can go anywhere. I can do without. Though Right Margin may make sense when trading with trendlines, Gann or similar stuff.

Quick question on scale number color.

How do I change their color? I am going to try setting up my charts with a black background for a change to see if I like it better and I can't get the prices to change color. Sometimes I open up my chart in the morning on a 26" monitor and all the white can be a bit much.

attachment.php?attachmentid=19444&stc=1&d=1266603484

5aa70fd635638_2-19-201001.png.b8271277f622e34878561af77e9fa3ef.png

It's grey b/c it's tied to the color of your candlestick outline. If you change that color, the scale will change color too.

This might be a situation where you want to overlay another contract in the background to get the color you want if you don't want your candlestick outline and scale the same.

I don't think I explained myself well. The prices on the right axis are black and I want to change those. When I change the candlestick color it doesn't change the price color.

I don't think I explained myself well. The prices on the right axis are black and I want to change those. When I change the candlestick color it doesn't change the price color.

Its like I am blind sometimes. You change it under the Grid section.

attachment.php?attachmentid=19451&stc=1&d=1266611254

5aa70fd65ac7b_2-19-201003.png.465d3e3e4768133ffcdd4f702420ec08.png