Welcome to the new Traders Laboratory! Please bear with us as we finish the migration over the next few days. If you find any issues, want to leave feedback, get in touch with us, or offer suggestions please post to the Support forum here.

• Welcome Guests

Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at Traders Laboratory such as interacting with members, access to all forums, downloading attachments, and eligibility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE Traders Laboratory account here.

taotree

Market Internals Feed

I am working with futures using the zen-fire feed. I would like to get access to market internals like $TICK which zen-fire does not provide. Does anyone know of an economical feed just to get market internals?

Thanks!

You can try barchart. They are only $12 in Sierra, don't know about NT though. Supposedly the update every 3 seconds instead of the standard 5-6 which should make for more accurate data.

I just asked by friend he thinks he pays $25 for my track with gives him the $Tick as well.

What did you go for, taotree?

I am soon opening an account myself and I need to decide what setup and broker I should use.

Since I will be trading futures exclusively, I am considering Mirus or Amp, but as you said, Zen does not provide NYSE data.

Like dandxg said, Barchart seems like an affordable alternative. Would this in effect replace Zen as a datafeed or can I use both?

Should I consider using IB?

I am currently also using a demo account from ThinkorSwim which actually provides all these internals for free, but I don`t know if I can rely on that when I start trading live. Also, I`m not sure how I like their charts and platform ;)

Curious to hear what setups you guys use for trading futures.

Thanks in advance,

John