Welcome to the new Traders Laboratory! Please bear with us as we finish the migration over the next few days. If you find any issues, want to leave feedback, get in touch with us, or offer suggestions please post to the Support forum here.

• Welcome Guests

Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at Traders Laboratory such as interacting with members, access to all forums, downloading attachments, and eligibility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE Traders Laboratory account here.

torero

World Sessions For Forex

This is a PaintBar ELD to mark 4 important market session hours, London, NY, Sydney, and Tokyo that moves the 5 majors in forex. Using this will help identify the busiest and high volume periods. In addition, using this will help identify the Highs, Lows, and Close of each market.

You can edit the opening and closing times of each market depending on where you are. You can also edit the text to mark each market as well as change the color of the bar identified and color of the text. You also have an option to leave out Sydney session (0 for no text, 1 for text on chart).

More additions may come as needed. Have fun!

Thanks for Raul, Surfer, and Texxas for giving me this idea and help me grow to be a forex trader (time will tell!).

Comments and feedback are welcome. Please note that I'll do my best to support this as my priority is trading. Thanks for understanding.

FOREX-SESSION-VIEWER.ELD

This might be a n00b question, but I just installed this indicator but I am not sure what parameters I have to change for PST time, and on what format. There are numbers like 900, 1700 etc.. but I don't know what they are.

Also, will this indicator only show me when sessions Close? I don't see for example TK-O for example for Tokio Open.

Thanks!

Hey! Great to hear someone's using it. Here's some answers:

TokyoSessionOn value need to be 1 (default at 0) if you want to see Tokyo Session.

As for the time zone, you need to verify the charts you are going to use it on is set to local or exchange time zone. I set mine to local so it's easier (exchange time doesn't really exist in forex since there is no exchange anyway). The time settings are in military hours (900 for 9AM, 2100 for 9PM, etc). The should show you the open and the close of the sessions you have turned on. If you have problems, post back.

Here's an updated file. The one you installed may be an older version. Try this one.

James, can you delete the old version and replace it with this one? Thanks.

No problem Torero, I will go ahead and update the eld file.