Welcome to the new Traders Laboratory! Please bear with us as we finish the migration over the next few days. If you find any issues, want to leave feedback, get in touch with us, or offer suggestions please post to the Support forum here.

• Welcome Guests

Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at Traders Laboratory such as interacting with members, access to all forums, downloading attachments, and eligibility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE Traders Laboratory account here.

minitrader

Help with OEC Indicator Easy Language

I am trying to write a el code for OEC that plots an indicator using price movement from one time of day and compares it to another time of day and plots the difference.

For example: Let's say we take the price change of ES from 9:30 to 10:00 am and compare it to the price change from 3:30 to 4:00pm. Let's say it went up 2 points in the first 30 minutes and up 5 points in the last 30 minutes. This would plot on a daily chart and would be a difference of +3 points. If the indicator from the previous day was 89 then the indicator on the following day would be 92.

Anyone that can help me get started?...TIA,

mini - I am no programmer by any means, but here's what I've seen w/ OEC --

1) it can handle most EL type functions/indicators (but not all)

2) I'm not sure if it's w/in the OEC framework to do what you've described here - take data from a sub-daily chart and input it to a daily chart. I believe there's a few more functions needed for that and not sure OEC can do it.

If you can find this in EL, you can put it into OEC and see if it works.

some starter code for you -- I plotted this on 30-min chart. note that times are Pacific Standard in this so adjust as needed.

--------------------------------------------

//get return of first and last 30 min bars and find the point change from open to close

//value1 & value2 serve as 'variables' holding that particular days data

// note: California time 700 is first bar

if time = 700 then value1=close-open;

if time = 1300 then value2=close-open;

//calculate the difference

value3=value2-value1;

//take the calculated values and place them on a chart

if time=700 then

plot1(value1);

if time = 1300 then

plot2(value2);

if time > 1300 and time <1400 then