Welcome to the new Traders Laboratory! Please bear with us as we finish the migration over the next few days. If you find any issues, want to leave feedback, get in touch with us, or offer suggestions please post to the Support forum here.

• Welcome Guests

Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at Traders Laboratory such as interacting with members, access to all forums, downloading attachments, and eligibility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE Traders Laboratory account here.

jmbrandon

Finding a Non US Market and Broker

Hi there,

I am interested in your opinion regarding selecting a non US market and Broker

for intraday trading.

Since I trade ES, it has been suggested the best equivalent is FDAX and that being the case I still need a Broker with a solid front end and maybe charting. (I am a T4 guy with the ES)

However there may be other products I should consider.

My location is Caribbean and I do not want to start work before 8am if possible.

I might add that I have no problem with ES and my Chicago Broker, quite the contrary in fact, but my eggs are all in one basket.

many thanks

John

Yeah, this is a big big hassle from my experience so far. I have searched for non-USA brokers in my Asian markets of interest and seem to either come up against some sort of language barrier between us, and/or they end up being pricier than using Interactive Brokers. Please do keep this thread updated with any non-USA broker you find and end up settling with.

Thanks for the info stocktrader6080.

I checked out sogotrade and they don't appear to offer any futures. I also can't see any mention of offering any international markets. I also checked out CoolTrade, again, this says its only for USA markets.

If anyone is interested in trading the KOSPI futures or options, I can refer you to a a local brokerage firm that has its own international division. They are one of the top 3 biggest brokerage firms in Korea. I have an account with them as well. Pm me if interested. Thanks.

Hi there,

I am interested in your opinion regarding selecting a non US market and Broker

for intraday trading.

Since I trade ES, it has been suggested the best equivalent is FDAX and that being the case I still need a Broker with a solid front end and maybe charting. (I am a T4 guy with the ES)

However there may be other products I should consider.

My location is Caribbean and I do not want to start work before 8am if possible.

I might add that I have no problem with ES and my Chicago Broker, quite the contrary in fact, but my eggs are all in one basket.

many thanks

John

SaxoBank's SaxoTrader, your funds will be secured by Danish goverment

stable and honest broker offering pretty much everything whats tradeable

bonds, fx, commodities, cfd's on commodities, cfd's on stocks, etf's, futures, stocks etc.

for futures if you do enough volume commission could drop to usd 0,30-0,50 / contract.

charting is ok, i believe they also provide api but i am not 100% sure on that.

http://www.saxobank.com

Altough im not sure about comparing the DAX future to the e-mini S&P,

less liquidity and 30/40 points in a heartbeat at volatil times and with a 12,5eur/tick rate this instrument

feels like a lamborghini, but there is always the more liquid and calmer dj eurostox future FESX

Edited by flyingdutchmen