Welcome to the new Traders Laboratory! Please bear with us as we finish the migration over the next few days. If you find any issues, want to leave feedback, get in touch with us, or offer suggestions please post to the Support forum here.

• Welcome Guests

Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at Traders Laboratory such as interacting with members, access to all forums, downloading attachments, and eligibility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE Traders Laboratory account here.

taotree

Programmatic Access to Event Calendar

I'm on NT/Zenfire, so don't have a news feed service with my platform.

I want programmatic access to the date and time of Fed events and such--including historically. I don't need to know what was said or anything, I only need to know the date and time of an event.

Is this available somewhere? Even somewhere I could download a CSV or some easily parseable format of the events for the past x months?

Thanks.

Double here, only that I dont are about Zen-Fire / NT (as in: I work in C#, the broker connection ahs no relevance to that).

I also have strategies that behave different around news events ;) Is there any way to get that stuff?

Econoday - Economic Calendars, printed, online and mobile seems to hae it, but the pricing is - expensive, and I see no API / RSS access, which sort of is needed for proper programmatic access ;)

Double here, only that I dont are about Zen-Fire / NT (as in: I work in C#, the broker connection ahs no relevance to that).

The relevance is that it is my understanding that some platforms include news feeds as part of their service. I may be wrong. All I was indicating is that I do not have a news feed, and I want access to that info.

It seems rather absurd that it doesn't exist. And charging an arm and a leg for public information even if conveniently formatted seems rather silly, too.

I remember someone wrote an EasyLanguage program that can extract calendar items in a text file and print it on the chart.

e.g.

if the text file has an item that says 20090911, 955, Consumer Sentiment,

it will go to the chart and print "Consumer Sentiment" on 20090911 at 9:55am.

I think he manually prepare the text file, it would sure save a lot of time if it is available ready made.

Yeah, but you dont look for a news FEED ;)

I really miss that electronic calendar type of thing ;)

Oh, hi NetTecture, I was just reading some of your very interesting posts over on ET the other day.

Right, actually, I don't need a "feed" so much as just the data--especially historical. Well, if I could find the info somewhere, maybe I'll just reformat it myself.

And I can get it in a month at a time:

Forex Calendar @ Forex Factory

Bingo, I think that'll do for me.

I had seen that before, but wasn't really excited about parsing HTML, but reconsidering, that's an easy one, especially full month at a time.

One needs to be careful crawling web sites without permission--play nice and all. But... 6 calls (for last 6 months) to their site is much less than I've already done just exploring their site, so... I don't think they would complain about that.

Thanks!