Welcome to the new Traders Laboratory! Please bear with us as we finish the migration over the next few days. If you find any issues, want to leave feedback, get in touch with us, or offer suggestions please post to the Support forum here.

• Welcome Guests

Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at Traders Laboratory such as interacting with members, access to all forums, downloading attachments, and eligibility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE Traders Laboratory account here.

akifusenet

MIDAS Indicator for MT4!

[Mods: I am sorry that I opened up a indicator thread here. But for some reason I cant manage to open a thread in trading indicators session. ]

Hello to everyone.

I cant remember how I ended up here in TL - it was probably the good old google but cant remember the magic keyword maybe MP?- but I have to say it was one of the best moments in my short trading experience. First I have met with Jperl's fantastic market statistics thread and then I begin to follow closely Walter's forex and trend trades threads.

Walter's exploration of Forex began with Metatrader and made a good move with VMAs. Then he brought up the hidden gem "MIDAS" arcticles by Dr. Paul Levine. Actually it was only VWAPs what he is interested. But development on Metatrader stopped and they switched to Ninja Trader. And after the VWAP, Walter got lost:)

I liked MT a lot and I didnt want to switch to Ninja. Then a great search began for me for the MIDAS indicators. But I couldnt find any "valid" ones that can be used as it is told in the articles.

So as a good follower of the thread. I gave my shot at Dr. Paul Levine's article. I have to say it is one of the best written articles I have read. He explains everything in such a simple way so I coulnt hold myself and decided to program it in mql.

Because I learned so much from this site. I decided to give something back to it. So I decided to post this indicator here. I hope you find it useful.

--- And for people who are following Jperl's Market Statistics thread. I managed to program all that Volume Histogram, VWAP and SD bands in MQL. I will post them also. ---

Ok first of all a warning. This is my first indicator! :) So beware.. I just learned MQL language while trying to build this indicator. But i think i managed to pull it.

So here it is..

-MIDAS indicator with Support and Resistance lines...

-You can specify the exact start date.(not just last xxx bars)

-You can shift S/R lines with specified amount (Greed factor as it is told in articles)

-Topfinder algorithm.(I think this is the first one ever programmed for MT4)

Also I programmed the OBV indicator as it is told in articles but I am not quite sure about its usefullness after I see those VWAPs.

I know that I should have prepared screenshots showing every feature but I think you can try it for yourself..

As this is my first indicator please feel free to send me any comments, bugs, ideas..

Have a nice one.

Akif,

midas.thumb.gif.55c8b0648ced18cfeb15602f12d49568.gif

midas_shift_no_grid.thumb.gif.89afc9241bcc922d0748900c898c07e4.gif

MIDAS_v1.mq4

MIDASOBV_v1.mq4

hi...

looks very nice, but can you explain how to work with it? and you add one midas? because here is ploting only two lines and you have more of it :P

and where i take profit?

hi...

looks very nice, but can you explain how to work with it? and you add one midas? because here is ploting only two lines and you have more of it :P

and where i take profit?

Your welcome.

Please follow latest updates from Market_Statistics and MIDAS thread at forex-tsd.

I am in debt to TL for all these information. Especially to Jperl.

Thanks.

Akif,

The market stats link is a goof starting place.