Welcome to the new Traders Laboratory! Please bear with us as we finish the migration over the next few days. If you find any issues, want to leave feedback, get in touch with us, or offer suggestions please post to the Support forum here.

• Welcome Guests

Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at Traders Laboratory such as interacting with members, access to all forums, downloading attachments, and eligibility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE Traders Laboratory account here.

Dinerotrader

Where to Find Web Based Futures Charts?

Does anyone know of a way I can watch the futures charts at work on a website?

I am unable to watch futures at work because I can't download software on my work computer and the data feed would certainly annoy the IT people's concern over bandwidth usage.

I use freestockcharts.com for stocks and it would seem like you could find something similar for futures but maybe not. My searches haven't turned up much up to now so maybe there is a larger issue at work which keeps such a valuable service from being offered.

:bang head:

Cheers.

One example:

Quote.com U.S. Markets - Futures Quotes and Charts - Chart for ES U9

Another one (german):

https://isht.comdirect.de/html/detail/main.html?hist=10d&sSym=F2:SP\U09.CME&DEBUG=0&XsearchWPArt=UKN&bFirstTime=1&ind0=VOLUME&lSyms=F2%3aSP\U09.CME&overview_hist=10d&sCat=FUT&sPageType=extended&sTab=bigchart&sWpType=UKN&type=CONNECTLINE

You might also use (best quality of charts in my view):

Prophet.Net | Analyze | Prophet JavaCharts®

chart the index that is associated with the future (like $INDU for YM) and consider the offset between index and future value that is relatively stable over one day (if you do not need exact values).

Some brokers have web based trading platform, which can go through corporate firewalls.

This two came to my mind:

1. InteractiveBrokers

2. ThinkorSwim

There are some nice Silverlight applications coming on line. Stocks are well covered but futures not so well. Wordens freestockcharts is pretty funky. Interesting times ahead.

hello all,

Trading for a few years now and can only trade with a browser based software/platform due to firewall restrictions. so really need help (after reading for many days still confused)

Trading crude and gold futures (including the minis)

Need web based good platform where i can probably trade from charts (or somethign like MT4)

Thanks And Regards

Nicole Lewis

Does anyone know of a way I can watch the futures charts at work on a website?

I am unable to watch futures at work because I can't download software on my work computer and the data feed would certainly annoy the IT people's concern over bandwidth usage.

I use freestockcharts.com for stocks and it would seem like you could find something similar for futures but maybe not. My searches haven't turned up much up to now so maybe there is a larger issue at work which keeps such a valuable service from being offered.

:bang head:

Cheers.

Well, finviz got futures. Pretty useful. Several time frames and the weekly charts go back quite a way. Impressive for free. How long until all the futures data becomes free like stocks?

Finviz.com link

attachment.php?attachmentid=18908&stc=1&d=1265313138

5aa70fc5ee34a_2-4-20106.thumb.png.f26e6cca87689bc6063335b44d89c295.png