Welcome to the new Traders Laboratory! Please bear with us as we finish the migration over the next few days. If you find any issues, want to leave feedback, get in touch with us, or offer suggestions please post to the Support forum here.

• Welcome Guests

Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at Traders Laboratory such as interacting with members, access to all forums, downloading attachments, and eligibility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE Traders Laboratory account here.

skeeterbud

Dual Monitors On A Mac

Hi all, hope one you tech-savvy wizards has a minute to answer this for me. Recently went back to a Mac from a Dell running a single monitor with the StreetSmartPro Platform. Have an early 2006 Imac, 2gh Intell Cpu, and with dual monitors. Am trying out TD ameritrade's platform, as well as ThinkOrSwim. Can someone tell me how to set up the dual monitor thing where I can fill up one screen with just charts if I wish? I have not been able to detatch charts, watchlists, news, screener, ect, or any of the tools from the program to place on the second monitor. Also, any Mac users that would like to share their preferences on trading platforms I would like to hear them. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated, thanks in advance, skeeterbud.

I'm not sure how you'd do it in TDA's platform since I've never used it before, but in TOS I think you'd just click the small button in the top right of the screen that says "Detach this layout in a separate window" when you hover over it. Then just drag the new window to the second screen and maximize.

I'm running dual monitors on my mac w/parallels. Its funny, I use to be able to stretch window's programs across both monitors. Now I can't. I read up and apparently its not possible at all. Haha don't know why it used to work for me then suddenly stopped. But all other OSX programs can be stretch across both screens easily.

Was going to try the VM fusion software and run a windows based platform, but now I'm glad I didn't! ThinkOrSwim works great on a Mac, and now that I have the dual monitor thing handled it is a lot of fun. I just need to find a forum of TOS users and learn all I can about it. Thanks for the reply, skeeterbud.

i have a new mac 15" retina and am using two external monitors running 2400 dpi but had to go back out to 1920 cause there 2400 was just too fine for me with my eyes. this is my second mac, my first one went out and best buy credited me the full amount back with tax and i upgraded to the 16 gig ram and the 500 ssd love it.

mark

ps is there some reason my post are all being moderated how long does this go on?