Welcome to the new Traders Laboratory! Please bear with us as we finish the migration over the next few days. If you find any issues, want to leave feedback, get in touch with us, or offer suggestions please post to the Support forum here.

• Welcome Guests

Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at Traders Laboratory such as interacting with members, access to all forums, downloading attachments, and eligibility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE Traders Laboratory account here.

daedalus

Does Multicharts Really Suck This Bad?

I used MC for about a year. I had indicator-itis though and was for some reason about finding the new and latest indicators.

I don't think I had any real problems with MC. Other than the fact that i was using a TA data feed, and it gave me all types of problems in that arena. But MC for some reason always felt incomplete to me? Like it was an unfinished product.

Just misses a lot of things....and it's not an all in one charting software. No T&S, can't trade on charts, options chain, adding symbols was cumbersome, just things like countdown timers (had to go out and find studies), the cumbersome add in replay feature....... blah blah blah.

I dont know how much of this would have been resolved with a real data feed though? If I didn't have the thing on 24 hours, I would have gaps in my data. Would be nice if they offered like an EOD service or something.

This last time I had an issue was the last draw for me. Although the support was always good IMO.

Also, no shortcut keys.....I'm glad someone else mentioned that. Please people, put the damn short cut keys in there!!!!:helloooo:

You are right that it feels like an unfinished product. The problem with the TSSupport guys are that they continue to implement new features without making sure the ones already are implemented work bug free. When something work about 70% they check it off and list it as a feature on their website and move on to the next feature. The end result is a product that continue to feels like a beta version with lots of features that almost work and very little that works really well.

A real datafeed would not have made a difference. You can just read on their forum all the recent issues there still were with esignal and iqfeed. This is mindboggling that after more than 5 years they still did not have a solid implementation to handle realtime feeds. Something that should be the first thing that should be rock solid in any realtime charting application.

MC is a very average product at best. I have been using it now for two months and would not recommend it. The interface is nice and that is about it. I am giving one more month and if still not satisfied I am going back to TS2000i.

In the latest S&C 2011 awards, MC did not even get a mention. I dont think there are many users out there.