Welcome to the new Traders Laboratory! Please bear with us as we finish the migration over the next few days. If you find any issues, want to leave feedback, get in touch with us, or offer suggestions please post to the Support forum here.

• Welcome Guests

Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at Traders Laboratory such as interacting with members, access to all forums, downloading attachments, and eligibility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE Traders Laboratory account here.

shortbleu

Broker FDAX / FESX / ES

I 've looked around for a low commission broker for FDAX / FESX / ES. Mirus Futures seeem to have the lower commissions I found for a RT volume between 0-500:

FDAX: eur 2.63 RT

FESX: eur 2.25 RT

ES: usd 4.40 RT

Looks a lot better than IB who charges eur 4 RT for FDAX / FESX.

Has anyone found lower commission for a small volume?

I'm not sure about FDAX and FESX, but I know for ES and the other US e-mini contracts, that is about as low as you are going to get starting out. You may be able to get 10 or 20 cents cheaper on the e-minis with another broker like Amp or OEC, but I don't know if they offer FDAX and FESX.

Amp and Mirus with Zen Fire both offer FESX, FDAX, ES and all major futures contracts. I think it is important you choose Zen Fire, not Trading Technologies, if you are using tick based data (tick, range, volume -- non-minute charts).

I've been with IQfeed, eSignal, IB, and I found the best combination so far is Amp+Zen Fire. I am using NinjaTrader so that did weigh into the decision, there might be better data providers for other platforms. There was a huge difference for me. The second best was IQfeed+IB.

Just keep in mind Amp/Zen is futures only, no stocks.

Mike

Issue I had with AMP was there is no one in the office until just before the US markets open. Is that still the case? DAX position and no one in the office was scary. Otherwise great service.

Issue I had with AMP was there is no one in the office until just before the US markets open. Is that still the case? DAX position and no one in the office was scary. Otherwise great service.

I never had a reason to call them so don't know. I've always dealt with Dan, he always did whatever I asked. The only issues I had were during my account creation phase, just working out some settings and logins and etc.

Mike

I have to recommend Mirus/Zen-Fire/Ninja Trader. I rarely have a problem, but if one arises my broker gets back to me in less than 5 minutes by email and always picks up phone.

The interesting information are, for example, that AMP and Mirus are not a Eurex Broker....

That is indeed quite interesting.

So what do you think this means?

Are they just simulating the trades somewhat like a CFD-shop?

That is indeed quite interesting.

So what do you think this means?

Are they just simulating the trades somewhat like a CFD-shop?

Mirus and AMP are IBs (introducing brokers) they clear through another company called an FCMs (Futures Commission Merchant). They are not "bucketing" your trades. They are actually executed on the exchange.

Mirus and AMP are IBs (introducing brokers) they clear through another company called an FCMs (Futures Commission Merchant). They are not "bucketing" your trades. They are actually executed on the exchange.

I prefer Infinity Futures. $4 round trip plus exchange fees comes to $6.30 per contract. On the FESX its actually 6.30 Euros too.

Ask for Pat. Better margin than Mirus too

I prefer Infinity Futures. $4 round trip plus exchange fees comes to $6.30 per contract. On the FESX its actually 6.30 Euros too.

Ask for Pat. Better margin than Mirus too

Margin and commission at Mirus and Infinity are based on account size and number of trades executed in a month.

Margin and commission at Mirus and Infinity are based on account size and number of trades executed in a month.

Cant speak for Mirus--I only had a short phone call looking to find feed to replace transact with multicharts but I know Infinity doesnt discriminate against small accts. I 've always been a very small acct and pay 6.30 incl exchange fees. If you're right then it would be cheaper if my acct gets larger and they'd be beating other brokers by more.

Mind you 6.30 is kinda expensive (if that is one of your main criteria)

its $4 plus 2.30 exchange fees. Mirus I thought was 4.40 plus fees but the ES margin was 843 and the FESX was either 1575 or 2100 vs 500 each with Infinity.

its $4 plus 2.30 exchange fees. Mirus I thought was 4.40 plus fees but the ES margin was 843 and the FESX was either 1575 or 2100 vs 500 each with Infinity.

Mirus ES margin is $500

I use 10x overnight margin for daytrade. LOL

that doesnt make sense--if the overnite cme requirement is 5000 or whatever thats going in the wrong direction.

that sounds more like a securities trade than the futures.