Welcome to the new Traders Laboratory! Please bear with us as we finish the migration over the next few days. If you find any issues, want to leave feedback, get in touch with us, or offer suggestions please post to the Support forum here.

• Welcome Guests

Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at Traders Laboratory such as interacting with members, access to all forums, downloading attachments, and eligibility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE Traders Laboratory account here.

Soultrader

Wall Street Sequel

One of the few movies that inspired my interest in the financial markets...

That's interesting, James. Was Gekko the inspirational figure there, or was it Bud? :)

That's interesting, James. Was Gekko the inspirational figure there, or was it Bud? :)

Actually I was fascinated with the works of the financial markets.... big operators, brokers, insider trading, the fat trader who worked for Gekko, the amount of commissions brokers rake, etc...

Second was Boiler Room.. pretty much had me convinced I wanted to learn this industry. T

I really enjoyed boiler room. Actually I still imagine prop shops to be a bit like that (though obviously not scamming little old ladies of course).:rofl:

I was always fascinated but completely ignorant of the financial markets (could be argued I still am). I can't recall what actually prompted me to finally dig a bit deeper.

Look forward to it...it was a good movie.

It would be nice if there was TV series about traders.

we have them on almost most proffessions Police, Firefighter, Lawyers, Doctors, Athletes....why not traders.

Any producers out there listen up, it would make for a good TV Show.

Just think prior to the OJ court trial there were barely any TV shows based on the everyday lives of lawyers...and suddenly tons of them poped up on TV and it proved to be a success.

I really enjoyed boiler room. Actually I still imagine prop shops to be a bit like that (though obviously not scamming little old ladies of course).:rofl:

I was always fascinated but completely ignorant of the financial markets (could be argued I still am). I can't recall what actually prompted me to finally dig a bit deeper.

I got interested in the markets after the 1987 crash after a very bullish run. The Wall $treet movie seemed to mark the end of that era, sort of as a closing chapter.

There was a short-run series about a trading firm that ran about 8 or 9 years ago (?) that I thought was pretty good. It was about a new firm started by a young guy who wouldn't work for his father's firm (classic conflict). The only actor I remember was Stanely Tucci, who played a sort of cunning but devious character, and did it well. Anyone recall the name of this?

There was a short-run series about a trading firm that ran about 8 or 9 years ago (?) that I thought was pretty good. It was about a new firm started by a young guy who wouldn't work for his father's firm (classic conflict). The only actor I remember was Stanely Tucci, who played a sort of cunning but devious character, and did it well. Anyone recall the name of this?

"Bull" (2000) "Bull" (2000)