Welcome to the new Traders Laboratory! Please bear with us as we finish the migration over the next few days. If you find any issues, want to leave feedback, get in touch with us, or offer suggestions please post to the Support forum here.

• Welcome Guests

Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at Traders Laboratory such as interacting with members, access to all forums, downloading attachments, and eligibility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE Traders Laboratory account here.

mylog

Log of Trades Qqqq with Options

Will be showing daily trades of Options on the Q's. Been making so many obvious mistakes that I see, I want to put it out to help me get it under control. I have knowlege, training. Main issue - personality changes required.

1. Impulsive, not following the rules

2. Going against the trend.

I will post my trades starting Monday. I don't want to tell you today's trades. I will say stayed in overnight. Like flipping a coin on stress test outcome and tomorow morning Labor report.

I know it will be a getting lot better and there can be some great exchanges and education

Thank you

mylog

Monday May 11, 2009 $990. profit

Entered on the third candle up, exited on the second candle down. Started with 5 k added another 5k halfway up.

The Vix was heading down, I forget what the trin and the tick was doing. Very new at this. Still working on impulsive ways.

5aa70ed471509_ScreenHunter_04May_1414_52.thumb.gif.6b42492dcc5f6987f3ead1ee8ebebeec.gif

May 12, 2009 160 dollar cost

A gambling day. Amateur activity. Impulse.

I THOUGHT the market was going to continue to go down after most of the move. With 10k, exited with a small cost.

5aa70ed47912c_ScreenHunter_07May_1415_44.gif.bc5c5111029df43e04eeb077b1517844.gif

Wed, May 13, 2009 2500 dollar profit using 15k

I did make money, but it was still hight risk style. I did follow the criteria, but if I were more calm and focused, less emotional, a bigger profit with less stress. qqqq may 34 put

5aa70ed47e6d1_ScreenHunter_08May_1415_55.gif.bbfec7265be1b65bef299dbf284192f0.gif

Thursday, May 14, 2009 2,100 cost. 15K Gambling day.

Today, based on the unemployment numbers, the daily chart and what happenned in the foriegn markets, I decided to THINK that the market will go down. I would be 5k down it the market did not drop at the last minute, which I kind of THOUGHT would happen because of the British market. Just luck. This thinking that the market will go a certain way is instant cost. I know it, why am I still doing it? This old way of thinking will stop. So used to having opinions, now a pay the price until I stop it. Have done it about half of the time. This will be the last. If I do it again (not) rag on me.

5aa70ed483330_ScreenHunter_09May_1416_09.gif.5b680edf3f355b143b7bf8819362c778.gif