Welcome to the new Traders Laboratory! Please bear with us as we finish the migration over the next few days. If you find any issues, want to leave feedback, get in touch with us, or offer suggestions please post to the Support forum here.

• Welcome Guests

Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at Traders Laboratory such as interacting with members, access to all forums, downloading attachments, and eligibility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE Traders Laboratory account here.

brownsfan019

Trader P/L 2009

6-25-09

attachment.php?attachmentid=11702&stc=1&d=1245960007

I didn't trade Tue and Wed was a good day but no screenshot. Trying to keep the thread as real as possible so won't quote days where I am too quick to turn my machine off.

Today was just ok. Nothing special on the ES.

I do have a quick update on my trading plan here - as I've mentioned before, I try to watch a few different markets to see where the best opportunities lie. Lately the ES has been kind to my trading, so I may throw a few more contracts there and see where we go. With the margins at $500 (or so) there is some flexibility there to trade a few more lots and still stay w/in risk parameters. That was part of the reason for only ES trades today as I had my focus there today.

6-25-2009.gif.54a978cc0e1d26288630a987b26ec92c.gif

Hi Folks,

I had a long trade in LM that imploded and as price crashed through my stop loss, and had fills on as few as 2 or 3 shares at various prices on the way down as my position was unwound. Bizarre.

At any rate, I finish with the unusual tally of 43.78 pennies/share traded as a result of the staggered and fractional unwinding of my LM trade.

My daughter finished + 23.9 ticks on a long GBPUSD trade. She should still be in it with a stop loss at about +50 ticks, but when she was changing her stop loss, she mistyped the new stop level and was stopped out prematurely.

Closed trade equity as of this moment is $47.74, up $2.39 from yesterday's closed balance. She's very happy with herself, as am I.

Best Wishes,

Thales

5aa70ef103607_6-25-2009Microlot1.jpg.17ffee7b1f9952366052354e91bace6f.jpg

Closed trade equity as of this moment is $47.74, up $2.39 from yesterday's closed balance. She's very happy with herself, as am I.

She almost doubled her account in less than a week. You should be happy. Maybe time for you to retire and let her do the trading? :)

Hi Folks,

I had a long trade in LM that imploded and as price crashed through my stop loss, and had fills on as few as 2 or 3 shares at various prices on the way down as my position was unwound. Bizarre.

At any rate, I finish with the unusual tally of 43.78 pennies/share traded as a result of the staggered and fractional unwinding of my LM trade.

My daughter finished + 23.9 ticks on a long GBPUSD trade. She should still be in it with a stop loss at about +50 ticks, but when she was changing her stop loss, she mistyped the new stop level and was stopped out prematurely.

Best Wishes,

Thales

haha! I'm enjoying tracking her progress. Great work. Its amazing what can be done when we all aren't huddled around over-thinking what we're doing. :cool:

Took only one trade today after the news, our trading computer keeps freezing up. Traded after the news at 8:30 waited for the sell and then sold 2 contracts profit set at 2 points. + 200 less commissions in less than 2 mintues. Not bad. Made withdrawal from trading account for summer fun so trading 2-4 till it builds back up.

Have a good weekend.

626.thumb.jpg.16b7a2986814fe59032094a021f6f5a5.jpg

She almost doubled her account in less than a week. You should be happy. Maybe time for you to retire and let her do the trading? :)

You may be right. I finished today with a net loss of 32 pennies/share traded.

My daughter, on the hand, managed to finish with a 36.9 tick profit on a short EURJPY trade. She finishes her first full week +1 day of live trading with a closed equity of $51.43, up $3.69 from yesterday and up $26.43 since last Friday on the starting capital of $25.

Did I mention that she is nine years old?!

I'll post a screen shot of the account balance once I figure out why my screen hunter software will not save a picture today. I have not been able to save one chart today.

Best Wishes,

Thales

Edited by thalestrader

That's good stuff Thales! Amazing how things can look when you keep it simple AND don't know any better.

;)

No trades here today, slept in and then didn't do much on the charts today. Have a good wknd all.

ThalesTrader tell your Daughter well done !!

and regardless what happens in the future she has a pretty big fan base building.

Best

John

That's good stuff Thales! Amazing how things can look when you keep it simple AND don't know any better.

;)

Thank you both for the kind words. I do not allow her free range to read the forum, but I do let her read the posts such yours.

This morning she and I went over some of her charts and her trades (I mowed the lawn first thing, and when I came in, she was her computer studying her charts in Ninjatrader!). I hadn't been following along very closely during the trading day (and I was not even with her most of Monday and Tuesday), and even I was surprised at how well she identifies key levels and trade opportunities.

She also has made some other good observations. For example, she noted that on two of her trades, profits of close to 100 ticks were ultimately stopped out for 49 and 63 ticks respectively, and a few 60 tick profits were stopped out for 20-25 tick profits. Many of those trades had reversed against her at prior support/resistance levels. She asked if it would not be better to take profits at those levels and then re-enter if that level would subsequently break.

This observation led me to decide on the following change for this coming week: I am going to let her add an additional lot if she already has a profitable position. She will have the option to scale in an additional lot after the first reaction against her trade completes and price resumes its movement in favor of her trade. This will allow her to take a profit if her trade reaches an S/R level, while still maintaining a postion should that S/R level fail and price continue in her favor. (If the balance falls below $50, she will again be limited to 1 microlot until the equity recovers above $50.)

She is on quite a run so far, and it will be interesting for me to see how she responds to her first drawdown. Time will tell, as equity curves, like price, move in waves. At some point the tide will go out and she will have to trade through it. I have feeling though, that she'll be fine. She is very competitive, which is good. But the money means nothing to her, it is just a way of keeping score, which is also good.

Best Wishes,

Thales

I was wondering if those of you who trade options on futures could give me input on the following trade. I am considering selling calls on SPY. I feel (as I am sure many here do) there will be another move down. I am aware the unlimited upside risk, perhaps I would wait until the last week the July opt. trade.

The last options trade I did was on a tip from my father who is a retired professional options trader.

Hi Folks,

Two trades for me today: Long LNC +$0.62 and Long MEE +$0.08 for +70 pennies/share traded.

My daughter identified two opportunities at once today, long EURJPY and long USDJPY. She chose the dollaryen (because she had not traded that pair yet) and closed out the day with the microlot account at $55.96, up $4.53 from Friday's $51.43.

Best Wishes,

Thales

5aa70ef31430d_6-29-2009Microlot1.jpg.7dce3d205b28385282325ed6064523db.jpg

6-29-09

attachment.php?attachmentid=11802&stc=1&d=1246378376

Alot of work for 100 bucks. Just one of those days.

6-30-09

attachment.php?attachmentid=11803&stc=1&d=1246378376

Much easier today. Trades worked as planned but I exited the ZN trade too soon. Got a little nervous when the ZB hit a support level and looked like it might be putting a bounce in, meanwhile the ZN paused (I flatten) and then proceeded down to my initial profit target. One of these days I'll let all my winners run fully... maybe...

6-29-2009.png.4f9948ad850efde77b06c7afa7f49208.png

6-30-2009.png.bef3e50fe40e846ef8ae32fd88e1a6d4.png

Hi folks,

No trades today from any members of the Thales household.

I am attaching a screenshot of my daughter's account showing the same balance as was posted last night, lest anyone think I was, perhaps, concealing a losing day (she will have losing days, and soon enough, no doubt).

It is summer vacation, and I don't want to see her spend all of it in front of a computer screen, so today was play day. Of course, she took her Stikky Stock Charts book with her when she went out with her friends today to read while in the car. My wife took them to a movie (it was raining here) and then to Borders, where my seven year old bought her own copy of Stikky Stock Charts with her own money (I have reimbursed her, after all, her sister didn't have to buy her copy).

I might have to open another microlot account before too long!

Best Wishes,

Thales

5aa70ef4403da_6-30-2009Microlot1.jpg.9e040939fb0402bdf8119d1cc66670f2.jpg

Hi Folks,

A little fearful symmetry for me today: +72 pennies on BLL and -36 pennies on FCX for a net of +36 pennies on the day for me.

My daughter took a 20+ tick profit on 2 microlots of the EURUSD to end today up $4.36 from the previous closing balance of $55.96. Closed trade equity is now $60.32.

Best Wishes,

Thank You,

Thales

5aa70ef4e22cc_7-01-2009Microlot1.jpg.050e71d1b57f8ba1e5c6ed7e40c57b0f.jpg

Didn't trade today but entered a trade after the close yesterday. Went short 2 at 918.50. Set a 4 point stop and a 10 point profit. Was happy to wake this morning with +$1000 before commissions so I took the day off.