Welcome to the new Traders Laboratory! Please bear with us as we finish the migration over the next few days. If you find any issues, want to leave feedback, get in touch with us, or offer suggestions please post to the Support forum here.

• Welcome Guests

Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at Traders Laboratory such as interacting with members, access to all forums, downloading attachments, and eligibility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE Traders Laboratory account here.

darthtrader3.1beta

I Quit Trading...

For now :þ

Well I just want to thank everyone here. I first joined this site in spring 07 after I blew out my brother in laws day trader account shorting AMZN..

I've learned so much and evolved to the point though that I've come to my own personal rubican as far as analysis goes..I like bsing about trading too much that it holds me back from getting down to grunt work so I'm killing all my message board accounts this weekend.

There has always been context to my username...the next time I post here will be the "release" of 4.0:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rjCyZ2P9bCA]YouTube - Obi-Wan Kenobi Vs Darth Vader[/ame]

"The circle is now complete, when I left you I was but a learner..now I am the master".

Dedicated to Blowfish..."Your powers are weak old man.." :)

Edited by darthtrader3.1beta

I've learned so much and evolved to the point though that I've come to my own personal rubican as far as analysis goes..I like bsing about trading too much that it holds me back from getting down to grunt work so I'm killing all my message board accounts this weekend.

Is the following, which is your post on another thread, wisdom of the master or just BS about trading ?

"Most traders are just "over smart" when it comes to this area...too "smart" for their own good and miss the obviousness of the context of the data they are trying to analize..."Context" to me is exactly what holds current AI research back, but that is a tangent.

A Boltzmann Machine is much more obvious than any kind of Back-Propagation

training BS...Even more obvious though is ant colony optimization in reverse of a tick database to weight probabilistic paths..hint, hint."

BTW, you have to good in math to be a quant, I went to MIT. What school did you go to ?

BTW, you have to good in math to be a quant, I went to MIT. What school did you go to ?

I dropped out of CS at Pitt..of course you would respond to this...your exactly what I was talking about as far as beeing "too smart".

I smoke cigerettes with guys everyday from the FX desk at my night job...They are all the same guy as you. Someone coddled since birth to only think about being "correct"...your time is clearly up as reflected macro economic wise here.

Edited by darthtrader3.1beta