Welcome to the new Traders Laboratory! Please bear with us as we finish the migration over the next few days. If you find any issues, want to leave feedback, get in touch with us, or offer suggestions please post to the Support forum here.

• Welcome Guests

Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at Traders Laboratory such as interacting with members, access to all forums, downloading attachments, and eligibility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE Traders Laboratory account here.

cbratton

Plot Option Volume On Chart?

Does anyone know any site or software that will plot total option volume on a chart just like you would plot total volume on a chart (The bars at the bottom, for stocks mainly). I've looked everywere and I'm unable to do so. Option volume would be very good at finding tops and bottoms. Anyones know of any sources please let me know, for data, charts that would let me do this. Thanks

ThinkOrSwim.com brokerage will plot option volume on chart

:helloooo::helloooo:

I have a TOS account and did not know this. I looked at it agian and can't figure out how to plot option volume on a chart. Is there a code or is there someting I'm just not seeing. Please let me know how you do it.

go to settings on top of page is General Equities Options Futures Forex

under each tab put checks in both boxes for what you want on chart. One check will give you a short cut to turn off and on when you want to. Be sure to click on apply before closing page.. :cool::cool:

When you're on the trade page of TOS, right-click on the option you're interested in buying or selling, move your mouse cursor down to TOS Charts, then out to the right to the graphic of just the top-left chart in the grid, and release your mouse-the chart of that option symbol, with its OPRA code, will open in the Chart tab/window.

If you don't want to change what you're looking at in the chart window, when you right-click on the option, move down and choose Quick Chart. That will open a chart of the option symbol in the gadget area; you can then detach it and make it as big as you want in a "new chart window."

I'm sorry; I probably didn't just answer the question you asked. If you want to plot TOTAL option volume, for that underlying, or for all in some index perhaps, there's no TOS indicator/study to do that.

If there is some sort of symbol for what you want, then it can be plotted, such as vix, $uvol-$dvol, $tick, $trin, etc.