Welcome to the new Traders Laboratory! Please bear with us as we finish the migration over the next few days. If you find any issues, want to leave feedback, get in touch with us, or offer suggestions please post to the Support forum here.

• Welcome Guests

Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at Traders Laboratory such as interacting with members, access to all forums, downloading attachments, and eligibility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE Traders Laboratory account here.

InvestEveryMonth

GDP Numbers Very Political

The new GDP numbers came out today.

While the forecast had been a drop of around 5%, the number released today was a drop closer to 3%.

The GDP number is expected to worsen during revisions.

Can't we just have an accurate GDP number? Why are these numbers so political and crafted to what the politicians want to see?

Why do we put so much stock into the GDP numbers?

If it moves the market, I'm all for it.

:rofl:

I could care less if they are real, imaginary, fake, or random. If they move the markets, great for trading.

Your handle implies that you are an investor and as an investor I would pay closer attention to these numbers, but you are on a trading forum. ;)

I like when the markets move, but I want them to move based on accurate information. Otherwise we are just engaging in false information bubble investing and we all know where that leads.

I wouldn't say, "I don't care if Ken Lay is lying about the numbers. As long as he continues to pump up the Enron stock, I'm happy."

Now, many people are no longer happy that the rise in Enron stock was based on false information.

Investing and trading are totally different things. When trading I could really care less about the who, what, where, when, why, how. Just has to move. Now investing on the other hand is a completely different animal. Investing probably requires a little more in depth research of fundamentals.

You think someone trading enron stock really cared that ken lay was lying? Maybe after the fact, but during times of trading the trader probably wouldnt care. Someone investing in enron would be, and should be, pissed that he was lying.

I literally laughed out loud when I read what they released today.

What a load of you-know-what.

And these are the same people that for the last year were releasing numbers that were showing a growing economy? I guess when in doubt - lie.

I literally laughed out loud when I read what they released today.

What a load of you-know-what.

And these are the same people that for the last year were releasing numbers that were showing a growing economy? I guess when in doubt - lie.

You actually read what they released? Man, I bet thats some exciting stuff. Ill just stick to my charts, lol.