Welcome to the new Traders Laboratory! Please bear with us as we finish the migration over the next few days. If you find any issues, want to leave feedback, get in touch with us, or offer suggestions please post to the Support forum here.

• Welcome Guests

Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at Traders Laboratory such as interacting with members, access to all forums, downloading attachments, and eligibility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE Traders Laboratory account here.

metotron

Opening Range Breakout by Don Bright

Hi all!

Some times ago i read about ORB by Don Bright. As i know he uses Fair Value and Beta for calculation but i know the FV formula but i can't understand what he uses Beta and how he findes points for buy and sell orders. Is there anybody who can describe it?

Great Thanks!

Max

I think you are talking about Don's Opening strategy (he posts results at that 'other site'). I think that it works best if you have access to lots of leverage (like being in Don's firm), you basically envelope the stocks that you want with orders on either side and then trade out of them. Fair Value helps you set the envelope, some people use 'beta' or other things to eak out better performance. The key is going to be the exit technique and picking the 'right stocks'. There are automated tools that some of Don's traders use to assist with executing this strategy ( see zoetrading or pairtrader.com )

see also this thead for the link to that other site: http://www.traderslaboratory.com/forums/f30/opening-orders-strategies-4284.html

Don talks a lot about this opening strategy in his articles for TASC.