Welcome to the new Traders Laboratory! Please bear with us as we finish the migration over the next few days. If you find any issues, want to leave feedback, get in touch with us, or offer suggestions please post to the Support forum here.

• Welcome Guests

Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at Traders Laboratory such as interacting with members, access to all forums, downloading attachments, and eligibility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE Traders Laboratory account here.

RobinHood

GlobalFutures

Anyone familiar with GlobalFutures.com?

I'm considering opening an account with them...

My other options include: Mirus, AMP, Infinity, TransAct (actually they have monthly commissions requirement - so not a good idea), Advantage (Not sure if these guys are for small retail).

Just looking for cheap Eurex access with Ninja-Trader. Access to SFE, HKFE, OSE is also something I'm seeking but I don't think that's going to happen (No I can't trade with IB).

At one point GF was running ads showing margin as little as $300/ct and that completely turned me off. A broker that is using low margins to push product is one that is just out for a quick commission and then find new prey IMO.

Open ECry has a nice platform that is FREE along with FREE data, so at least check it out.

AMP Trading is a good firm. I have an account with them and they have excellent customer svc and tech support as well. Moveover, they offer extemely low commission rates. You should contact Kevin P

Guest forsearch
At one point GF was running ads showing margin as little as $300/ct and that completely turned me off. A broker that is using low margins to push product is one that is just out for a quick commission and then find new prey IMO.

Amp offers $400 margins. http://www.ampfutures.com/margins_details.html

They also do their clearing through FXCM- which was a double whammy. I demo'd their platform and when they proudly sent me an email that they were now clearing through FXCM- I said "Thanks but no Thanks" Ended my demo.

Could we see them go the way of the bucket shop? My Brother in Law has an account with them (reason for doing the demo) Not my cup of tea with these two issues popping up.

AMP futures quoted me "$2.66" for round-turn for Bund Bobl Schatz, can anyone confirm this?

It seems quite cheap as Open E cry is $3.7 round-turn, exchange fees not included, and they charge "$0.35 Foreign Service Fee per contract.".

ive been with amp for 9 monts now after sacking trade sation they have been great. fast response over the phone too if you have a computer issue and need help. And $400 margin on the minis, good times, $1000 margins on currency futures even better same for ags.

I WAS with GF. Trading the ftse .

Comms were too high compared to what i pay now.

Also when I convert gbp to usd they convert at minus 300 pips against me.

Told them i do better at a money changer.

Now u know why am an ex customer.

When I inquired about the way off rate on the gbp/usd the partner at the firm shouted at me.

Hope this helps....-)