Welcome to the new Traders Laboratory! Please bear with us as we finish the migration over the next few days. If you find any issues, want to leave feedback, get in touch with us, or offer suggestions please post to the Support forum here.

• Welcome Guests

Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at Traders Laboratory such as interacting with members, access to all forums, downloading attachments, and eligibility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE Traders Laboratory account here.

Rocky Mtn Trader

What Markets Can Be Traded with MP?

I am currently studying MP...and have read the CBOT MP manual and Mind over Markets. I understand how and why MP works.

Besides the standard futures markets...ES, YM, and ER, does anyone trade with MP in other markets??

I think MP is a worthy asset and I am trying to impliment this into my trading. Although, I'm not convinced that the ES, YM, or ER is the best fit for MP?

Trading with MP in a more direct market, ie., soybeans, gold, etc.. seem to be more geared toward the whole auction process?

A person can make money in any market. For example, a 5 point movement in the ES equals a 50 point movement in the YM. 5 points in the ES is worth $250. 50 points in the YM is worth $250. It's all relavent.

Trading soybeans, gold, coffee, t-bills, or whatever, would also be relavent.

Im just trying to get some feedback on different ideas using MP.

I believe alleyb posted a good reply to this question somewhere. Basically MP can be used with any market. Though you may find some markets that work better than the other. For example, I dont use MP methodologies on the Nikkei due to the huge gaps. This market is more of a scalp a few ticks type market. On the other hand, I use MP to spot levels and to determine where price is relative to value.... whether price is wanting to move out of value, whether price is being rejected above/below value, etc... for the Japanese Government Bonds.

soultrader....

Do you happen to know if the Japanese Governement Bonds trade similar to the 10 year T-note?

I've been trying to follow the T-note and it seems to agree with the MP.

Any help from anyone out there would be appreciated.

Not sure what you mean by similar... the JGB is relatively thin with bid/ask usually less than 20 lots. When the markets move fast, you can expect people to withdraw their bid/ask... it will usually catch you off guard and cause some slippage. Yesterday, my fill slipped a few ticks as I was trying to lean on a heavy bid... instead they pulled away causing price to drop 10 ticks or so instantly. Also note that 1 tick on JGB is roughly $100. So pretty big contract here.

But heres a very good snapshot of a composite profile on the JGB: http://www.traderslaboratory.com/forums/6/mp-trading-with-market-profile-3135-19.html#post40353