Welcome to the new Traders Laboratory! Please bear with us as we finish the migration over the next few days. If you find any issues, want to leave feedback, get in touch with us, or offer suggestions please post to the Support forum here.

• Welcome Guests

Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at Traders Laboratory such as interacting with members, access to all forums, downloading attachments, and eligibility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE Traders Laboratory account here.

james_gsx

Windsor, Colorado Tornado

Some of you may have turned on the news to hear about the tornado that went through here yesterday. I live about 35 miles south of Windsor. I didn't go there on purpose today, I got stuck in heavy traffic and decided to just drive around and look for severe weather. I wanted to take pictures of lightning or cloud formations. On my way, I hit a detour and had to go through Windsor. Since I was following a news van I started to realize this was where the tornado was yesterday, which would explain why the road was closed.

When we entered the town, everyone followed the detour and went straight, I followed the news van and turned right. A few blocks into the town I could see the devastation. The look of loss on the locals face was definitely sad. News, pictures, video, simply don't do it justice. Anyways, I decided to park my car and walk around the town for about an hour or so. I thought I'd share...

dsc0015dr3.jpg

dsc0017fn2.jpg

dsc0027gc2.jpg

dsc0032mp2.jpg

dsc0033pq5.jpg

dsc0038qr9.jpg

dsc0041nq6.jpg

dsc0043no4.jpg

dsc0047cl9.jpg

dsc0049dn9.jpg

dsc0051mn0.jpg

dsc0057fm8.jpg

I really wanted to put my camera in the car and help out all the crews. I will probably talk to my store manager and see if there is some kind of charity run we can put together. You really can't put this sort of thing in words. You see it in movies and on TV all the time. But when I walked around and saw for myself the families sitting outside their broken homes with a look of despair on their face, it was pretty sad.

There were these two little boys that were playing through some of the debris. I wanted to take a picture of them when I saw them climbing through what used to be a window on their door. Unfortunately I wasn't using any type of zoom lens and I was too far away. But it will be a memory I will carry with me throughout my life.