Welcome to the new Traders Laboratory! Please bear with us as we finish the migration over the next few days. If you find any issues, want to leave feedback, get in touch with us, or offer suggestions please post to the Support forum here.

• Welcome Guests

Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at Traders Laboratory such as interacting with members, access to all forums, downloading attachments, and eligibility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE Traders Laboratory account here.

trbates

Trading Hours for the YM

This is probably a stupid question ... but I was trying to get my charts set up (I finally have a charting package that allows me to input open/close times) and while reading on the cbot website my head started to spin :o

Can anyone here, in plain english, give me the open / close times I would enter for the Mini Sized DOW?

Thanks

Travis

This is probably a stupid question ... but I was trying to get my charts set up (I finally have a charting package that allows me to input open/close times) and while reading on the cbot website my head started to spin :o

Can anyone here, in plain english, give me the open / close times I would enter for the Mini Sized DOW?

Thanks

Travis

The following was taken from cmegroup.com:

"Mon/Thu 3:30 p.m. to 4:30 p.m. and 5:00 p.m. to 3:15 p.m. next day, shut down period 4:30 p.m. to 5:00 p.m. Sundays 5:00 p.m. to 3:15 p.m. next day."

This translates into the electronic market opening at 5:00pm on Sunday and closing Monday at 3:15pm. Then it opens back up again at 3:30pm and closes at 4:30pm. It then opens again at 5:00pm and trades until 3:15pm the next day (Tuesday). Rinse and repeat. However, many traders determine such things as Market Profile only during RTHs (regular trading hours). This is the time when the pits are active and the volume is normally the highest. Some traders will use 8:30am to 3:00pm, but many also use the last 15 minutes (to 3:15pm) because many times you see a rush of volume in the minis right after the pits close. I hope this helps.

*All times are Central

Edited by Hlm
Added note about times.

Guest forsearch

Same open/close times on Globex as the ES (e-mini S&P) contract these days, BTW.

RTH - when the cash market is open + 15mins extra at the end (9:30 am - 4:15pm M-F)

Post - after market settle and reopen ( 4:30 to 5:30 pm M-F)

Overnights - Sun-Thu nights at 6pm morning 9:30am M-F

* Eastern Time zones given

These times use to differ when YM was on eCBOT, but has since changed due to migration to Globex at CME.

Same open/close times on Globex as the ES (e-mini S&P) contract these days, BTW.

RTH - when the cash market is open + 15mins extra at the end (9:30 am - 4:15pm M-F)

Post - after market settle and reopen ( 4:30 to 5:30 pm M-F)

Overnights - Sun-Thu nights at 6pm morning 9:30am M-F

* Eastern Time zones given

These times use to differ when YM was on eCBOT, but has since changed due to migration to Globex at CME.

Yes, that's another way of rearranging the same data. Multiple perspectives can be helpful. :)