Welcome to the new Traders Laboratory! Please bear with us as we finish the migration over the next few days. If you find any issues, want to leave feedback, get in touch with us, or offer suggestions please post to the Support forum here.

• Welcome Guests

Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at Traders Laboratory such as interacting with members, access to all forums, downloading attachments, and eligibility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE Traders Laboratory account here.

wasp

Live FX Trades

Alright! I think all these bank traders who have come back from holiday are about as floozy as they come! Prices are all over the board, whipping me silly!

Stopped for -49. Short @ 189.38

PS: I'll reply to your question about my view of this week soon.

I guess it's not clear enough. I went short at the close of the 240-min candle seeing that it closed below support(187.93).

I'm currently under water and very near a stop loss.

How did you guys interpret this new candle? what did I miss?

Out at -84. Hmmm...

Back to the drawing board.

I think part of what I do is just ingrained into my brain... I wouldn't enter a position thats moved 200 pips already, only trail by then.

Also, 84 pip stop??? Personally moved mine back to 50 and looking to drop it to 40 if it works out but 80 is a tad large for me.

The retrace over the last hour may have been a setup for the UK GDP estimate which now has come in at a dismal -0.02%. It pays to pay attention to the data releases.:doh:

Ummm... that can't be the entire reason. The biggest move was in the yen (which lost value). The pound gained - it should have lost value.

It's probably just positioning in a lower liquidity market (?).

It wasn't so much the cause in respect to data being released, but in respect for what traders were expecting to be released. You've seen it many times where an important data release is upcoming and traders drive it a good distance in the opposite direction. That is what I believe happened in this case. Live and learn.

It certainly was a stinker of a loss though I'm happy to take them while I'm learning.

Everything's better now. Took a short at the last hourly candle after the UK GDP news was released.

Closed for +98. That was a cheeky trade as Wasp would say. At least I'm back to last night's profit level.

Woo hoo! Nice come-back! I'm still flat - waiting (and waiting... and waiting) for a signal to do something. So this is what eternity feels like?

Now that the canvas has changed, are you drawing a descending trend line from the hourly candle high at 190.42 through the close of the giant bullish candle(12:00-1:00pm Alpari time) that ate my previous short position?

i'm right with you: -65 again.

Long GJ @ 189.61. Last chance. Otherwise I lay low for a while because something is very odd about this market.

Edit:

Everyone should put everything they have short on GJ since I've gone long. You'll most likely get at least 65 if not more pips.