Welcome to the new Traders Laboratory! Please bear with us as we finish the migration over the next few days. If you find any issues, want to leave feedback, get in touch with us, or offer suggestions please post to the Support forum here.

• Welcome Guests

Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at Traders Laboratory such as interacting with members, access to all forums, downloading attachments, and eligibility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE Traders Laboratory account here.

Sign in to follow this  
mister ed

Your Last Chance: International VSA Thread

Your Last Chance - International VSA Thread

If you only read one Educational Thread in 2008, get on your ass and read more!

When putting our thread together we went out and asked you what you wanted to hear because we are determined that this thread will answer your questions (well, eventually, maybe) and provide real-world practical trading solutions (again, maybe).

Here are some of the answers (and questions) we got back:

I'd like to see presentations which keep looking at the right edge of the chart.

How do you tell when the weakness changes to strength? after a period of accumulation and a successful Breakout - when you get a long sideways area, making it a rest area rather than distribution?

I swing and position trade futures, I want to learn when to anticipate directional moves in these markets and when there is no current evidence of a significant directional move in play. I want to learn to see the market’s big picture.

WTF are you all talking about?

I want to see some guidelines as to how to get into a day trade, and how to get into a swing trade. Let's discuss money management. I'd also like to know about clues as to keeping winners overnight.

I would very much like to see a concrete system of trading using VSA that has well defined rules of entry, trade management and finally exit. (hey, wouldn’t we all?)

There has been enough theory so far, what we need is some real practical training on the application of these principles in real-time market conditions. It would be great to show some real-time trades during that weeks prior to the sessions, outlining thought processes, logical stops, targets, trade management etc.

Who let the dogs out?

It is easy to talk about capitulation, buying climax in hindsight but how do we trade capitulation? Same goes for absorption volume?

I would like to see you cover Entry techniques based on Strength or Weakness in the background, price target methods and stop loss methods. A money management system explained. What are the signs of sector rotation?

I would like to have more done on drilling down to the best stocks (what are they?) to trade and the best opportunities to wait for from an ever-updated short watchlist. Also from everything I have gleaned, I am more interested in trading the short side successfully.

Where’s Wally?

Once in a trade how do we know if a move against the trend is a minor reaction? How do we stay in a winning trade without being shaken out?

What else can we use to confirm VSA analysis - ie. fibonacci, Elliot Wave, tea leaves, chicken entrails, etc. and examples (please provide your own cup of tea and/or chicken).

How do we package it all together into a trading plan?

We need to know when to stay with the trend, and how to read it across several timeframes. - how can I tell a false breakout from a genuine one? Is it advisable to wait for a test of the breakout level before entering a position? Or how can I tell if it will keep on going and not test the breakout?

Did you turn the stove off?

I want the information necessary to develop a trading plan. What does a buy signal look like? What does a short signal look like? What is the trigger? What is my stop if I'm wrong?

For the One and Only Time, until you read it again, Your Chance to Hear Answers from the Masters (legends in their own lunchtime).

Live on your screen! Also, thread printing options for those who cannot physically get to a computer!!! Fax it to your colleagues today!

Yes, it’s the VSA thread (II) – click today!

For those who can't make it, we also have available the one-and-only original VSA thread!

But wait, there's more! For those who think VSA is a crock, we have MP, Candlesticks, FX, the list goes on!