Welcome to the new Traders Laboratory! Please bear with us as we finish the migration over the next few days. If you find any issues, want to leave feedback, get in touch with us, or offer suggestions please post to the Support forum here.

• Welcome Guests

Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at Traders Laboratory such as interacting with members, access to all forums, downloading attachments, and eligibility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE Traders Laboratory account here.

bcraig

What is It and How Do I Determine It

Hello

I am new to Traders Laboratory. This I my first post here.

I have some experience with Technical Analysis through my activity in Worden Brothers TC2000 but VSA is a new concept for me. From some lurking (I do a lot of that) in this forum it seems to be something I would like to know more about.

Will someone please post a detailed description of just what it is, how it is calculated (or determined), and how it is interpreted. The more details, the better.

Thanks for your prompt response, Nvesta81.

I have begun to read those threads, but they are so long it will take me forever and a day to finish them.

I was hoping for something more concise.

Thanks for your prompt response, Nvesta81.

I have begun to read those threads, but they are so long it will take me forever and a day to finish them.

I was hoping for something more concise.

There are great chart examples and user input all the way through.

Buckle down and get a readin. ;)

OK. Thanks, guys.

I’ll buckle down, get my lazy behind in gear, read the threads, and learn the hard way,

Actually thats probablly the easy way. I wish this information was available when I first came across VSA.

Another way would be to get the free e-book and look at a lot of charts (OK a helluva a lot of charts) to see what its talking about. You could then ask specific things in the thread. There is no substitute for screen time. Well except printing charts out and examining them.

Another option would be to take a look at the Tradeguider site. See if you can find any videos where Tom is speaking. Gavin has the spiel down parrot fashion, good enough to find out what VSA is all about. The first half hour of most of his presentations concerns 'what is VSA'. Though of course you will realise that the agenda is to sell TradeGuider. Despite that there is some good stuff there (or used to be). It probably wont be log before you have had your fill.

If you want to get behind it all Read all you can by Whycoff (and his pseudonym Rollo Tape). Also visiting Dunigans work and Ganns swing stuff would probably be rewarding. Of course it would be remiss not to mention DbPhoenix's stuff too, so I have.

Sadly there are no shortcuts, however if you are trying to establish 'is this for me' you still will need to invest a bit of time to understand what its all about. Thats the catch 22 of most approaches and methodologies. Personally I think you are moving in the right direction but you will need to discover that for yourself.