Welcome to the new Traders Laboratory! Please bear with us as we finish the migration over the next few days. If you find any issues, want to leave feedback, get in touch with us, or offer suggestions please post to the Support forum here.

• Welcome Guests

Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at Traders Laboratory such as interacting with members, access to all forums, downloading attachments, and eligibility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE Traders Laboratory account here.

Sledge

Wanted: Book Analyzing Bar Charts for Profit

I did not see a section where it was possible to post items wanted. Figured since it is a Technical Analysis book, I would post here. Admins or Mods- please feel free to move if inappropriate:

Looking for a used/cheap copy of the book:

Analyzing Bar Charts for Profit: Technical Analysis As an Aid to Decision Making for the 1990s and Beyond

by John Magee

No luck on Ebay and with the rash of sellers through XYZ broker book houses-thought I'd try my luck here before heading that route!

PM me if you have a copy to sell.

Thanks,

Sledge

You can pick up cheap copies on Amazon. But you may be disappointed. I'm a Magee fan and was expecting more, but it wasn't all that different from Jiler.

You may want to get a copy of Schabacker's book, now that it's available again: Technical Analysis and Stock Market Profits.

Or, if you're patient, you can pick up a first edition on eBay for as little as $30.

Schabacker, in case you don't know, is responsible for the bulk of the later Edwards and Magee book. Edwards was Schabacker's brother-in-law, and put the finishing touches to the latter's work after Schabacker's death. Ironically, Edwards gets all the credit, though he specifically acknowledges Schabacker (though perhaps not as strongly as he might have).

Db

db-

Well, I'll take the advice instead of the book ;)

I was wondering if that may happen- and that is just as valuable as the information.

I'll get cracking on finding the Technical Analysis and Stock Market Profits book instead.

Thanks for the info db!

Sledge