Welcome to the new Traders Laboratory! Please bear with us as we finish the migration over the next few days. If you find any issues, want to leave feedback, get in touch with us, or offer suggestions please post to the Support forum here.

• Welcome Guests

Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at Traders Laboratory such as interacting with members, access to all forums, downloading attachments, and eligibility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE Traders Laboratory account here.

Sign in to follow this  
brownsfan019

WTF - 330+ Emails from TL! ? ! ? !

Hi Brownsfan,

I didnt realize the scope of this mess. Linkback is whenever a thread or post you made is featured on another site. This system shows the linkback in order to show credit for the poster.

In order for me to approve such linkbacks I must validate it occasionally. The problem was I had never done it in the past 8 months or so. So every single thread/post that was linked back from 8 months ago shot an email to the user saying the linkback was validated.

I am very sorry for this. I was not even aware of the scope of emails it was sending. I received the first notice by a member who received 20+ linkback emails. I hope you are not getting anymore of this? I went ahead and disabled this feature last night.

Truly sorry for this.

Hi Brownsfan,

I didnt realize the scope of this mess. Linkback is whenever a thread or post you made is featured on another site. This system shows the linkback in order to show credit for the poster.

In order for me to approve such linkbacks I must validate it occasionally. The problem was I had never done it in the past 8 months or so. So every single thread/post that was linked back from 8 months ago shot an email to the user saying the linkback was validated.

I am very sorry for this. I was not even aware of the scope of emails it was sending. I received the first notice by a member who received 20+ linkback emails. I hope you are not getting anymore of this? I went ahead and disabled this feature last night.

Truly sorry for this.

As long as this is turned off, I'm cool with it. Maybe give the member the option to turn it on.