Welcome to the new Traders Laboratory! Please bear with us as we finish the migration over the next few days. If you find any issues, want to leave feedback, get in touch with us, or offer suggestions please post to the Support forum here.

• Welcome Guests

Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at Traders Laboratory such as interacting with members, access to all forums, downloading attachments, and eligibility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE Traders Laboratory account here.

metalmaiden55

Penny Stocks

Anybody know any good penny stocks? Better yet does anybody know if penny stocks many any profit at all? I heard that the odds of getting a penny stock that actually earns you money and doesnt fall through is one in thousands. Has enyone ever invested in penny stocks? what was your outcome?

I personally would run far far away from penny stocks. One reason why stocks move is due to mutual fund managers buying shares of stock. When you have billions of dollars to invest, you don't buy a penny stock company.

I would stay with stocks above $10 a share.

There is a reason why stocks are that cheap. I did however invest in Aspen Exploration Corp., a natural gas exploration company in California.

I bought the stock at $2.25, held onto it for a few months just to see it go absolutely nowhere. I eventually sold it at break even just to see it go fivefold to around $10 4 weeks later. I learned a big lesson with that stock. The stock is currently trading at $3.85.

Well I am giving 3 different penny stocks a shot - just to see what happens - it's been wild watching the share price go up and down and waiting on one of them to get their 10k filed!!!! Not that I fully understand what the 10k is all about. Either way - since I don't have a lot of dough to work with - just thought I would give this a shot.

I've been looking into penny stocks as well. When one doesn't have a lot to invest, it's a lot more tempting to buy $50 worth of something small and hope it works out than buying a mere 3-5 stocks of something that might do something after a while...

I've been looking into penny stocks as well. When one doesn't have a lot to invest, it's a lot more tempting to buy $50 worth of something small and hope it works out than buying a mere 3-5 stocks of something that might do something after a while...

Completely agree with you. Small traders need smaller stocks in order to build more cash for the better stocks above 10$. Can't waste my time paying big cash for only 4 shares and expecting anything out of it. Not everyone has 100k in their brokers account.