Welcome to the new Traders Laboratory! Please bear with us as we finish the migration over the next few days. If you find any issues, want to leave feedback, get in touch with us, or offer suggestions please post to the Support forum here.

• Welcome Guests

Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at Traders Laboratory such as interacting with members, access to all forums, downloading attachments, and eligibility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE Traders Laboratory account here.

mister ed

Roll call

Who is continuing to trade the stock indices over the Christmas / New Year period? Are you taking a break to be with friends and family while there is less liquidity in these contracts? Or are there still good opportunities to trade, be it scalping, day-trading or whatever?

Who is continuing to trade the stock indices over the Christmas / New Year period? Are you taking a break to be with friends and family while there is less liquidity in these contracts? Or are there still good opportunities to trade, be it scalping, day-trading or whatever?

So far, so good this week in trading for me Mr. Ed.

Last 3 days have been sleepy - look at the dojis in the various markets. Starting to get some action now - - it seems like everyone is waiting for the "Santa Claus rally", but the markets are being really tricky in their operation.

It's really weird to me. I look at inter market relationships alot. The Nas was up the whole day (because of google/doubleclick I guess) while the rest of the market was down (until the close). On Wed. it was the opposite.

Tuesday gave a great clue that the markets were going higher as the Russell outperformed the other markets into the close.

Now the russell closes up 1.7% and the dow up .34% - - - WHAAA?? compare those 2 charts!!

It looks like there is a short term long opportunity in the Euro and Brit. Pound futures. Reversals at the bottom of a channel.

So far, so good this week in trading for me Mr. Ed.

Thanks BrownsFan and well done - are you trading in the days between Christmas and New Year too? I don't know about the liquidity/activity on those days, is it better to take a break or just treat it as normal?

Thanks BrownsFan and well done - are you trading in the days between Christmas and New Year too? I don't know about the liquidity/activity on those days, is it better to take a break or just treat it as normal?

Ed,

I'll be taking off those days. Not due to liquidity, but so I can spend some time with family and relax.

Ed,

I'll be taking off those days. Not due to liquidity, but so I can spend some time with family and relax.

Thanks for that MrP. Just trying to get a feel for what the activity will be like between Christmas and NY. I am new to trading the index contracts so uncertain whether or not to trade that period. Appreciate the info.

MrEd - I think it really depends on your trading style. For example, if you need volume/volatility it may be best to take those days off. As a candlestick trader myself, I may be around to trade some of those day(s). Sometimes just the morning session.

It doesn't hurt to take some time off either.

MrEd - I think it really depends on your trading style. For example, if you need volume/volatility it may be best to take those days off. As a candlestick trader myself, I may be around to trade some of those day(s). Sometimes just the morning session.

It doesn't hurt to take some time off either.

Thanks BF - yeah I might continue on with morning session.

Anyone else trading today?

I'll admit I'm a little surprised so far with the volume in the ES, a little more than expected. Still very light ofcourse.

Interested to see how things turn out.

SMW