Welcome to the new Traders Laboratory! Please bear with us as we finish the migration over the next few days. If you find any issues, want to leave feedback, get in touch with us, or offer suggestions please post to the Support forum here.

• Welcome Guests

Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at Traders Laboratory such as interacting with members, access to all forums, downloading attachments, and eligibility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE Traders Laboratory account here.

brownsfan019

pokerstars

I've been having some fun lately on pokerstars. Nothing for real money (yet) but it has been fun playing online. I've always enjoyed poker and would love to get more serious about it some day.

Anyone know of any good poker blogs or websites to frequent? There was one blog I was reading but deleted the link by accident. This guy quit his job and moved to Vegas to play poker professionally and had a detailed blog. Maybe someone out there knows what I am talking about and can give me the link. And any other good sites, esp blogs, post them here. Now that my feeddemon is setup, I can quickly peruse these sites.

Has anyone here played professionally in any capacity? I'd love to play at the World Series of Poker just to say I did it. I know the odds suck, but you just never know. With a little lady luck, you can make some cash.

How about poker books or dvd's? I feel like a trader newbie asking these basic questions, but maybe those more experienced can chime in. If nothing else, finding a good poker forum or two would be nice as well.

Thanks for the help guys.

PS

I don't know if there's a way for us to play on pokerstars as a group, but if there is, I am in. I don't know enough about the software yet to see if this is possible or not. I don't know if you can make private games, have 'buddy' lists, etc.

I could not find a way to have a private game on Pokerstars. But, I think if we have a set time, and the right number of people to fill a table(s), we could just occupy one or more of the open tables...would be fun, but not private.

An okay book for poker, 'Zen and the Art of Poker: Timeless Secrets to Transform Your Game ', happens to be a popular read for traders.

I really like the this idea as a great way to possibly get to know some people here and just have fun!

I have tried many poker sites and like pokerstars best, I dont know why really, perhaps just the interface.

VV

btw, I am 'atcneo' on Pokerstars , some people call me 'river rat' for some reason, I don't know why:rolleyes: , if you want to look me up

brown,

in pokerstars lobby, login of course, click 'requests', then 'find a player'

who you are looking for. I have tried this as i've not had a need to find anyone. I usually am in the 5/10 pot limit hold 'em. For a long time I would make good money/chips here and then lose them all at the 100/200. Now I spend most of my poker time at the 5/10 PL.

The interesting thing to me is that I go through periods of 'draw down' just like one would see in trading, but I always seem to bounce back. I guess thats why I like the 5/10 - still can make money/chips with limited risk to your main stack.

hope this helps and hope we can get a few people together for some friendly poker. won't quite be the same though w/o the whiskey and cigars but fun none the less....I'm in if you'll allow me

VV - atcneo

VV - I am game. You can probably guess my screenname over there as well. Maybe it's time for a new screenname for me. I like the 5/10 no limit. I seem to be doing well with that lately. Last night for example, I went to a table with $1k and left with $17k. That was fun.

Of course I have no idea how the real money tables are played and what to expect there, but it's been fun on the play money tables.

I used to play free roll tournaments at Ultimate Bet. I haven't played there for a while. I also played at Party Poker. I tried Poker Stars but their software was not as friendly. Mostly I lost money playing with real money.

I noticed on PS today that many tables have 0 players as they wait to get filled. If we set a day and time, there's a good chance we could all get in on the same table. The catch would be which table.

We could set a day and time and I can come back here a few minutes before and announce which table is empty and where we can try to play.

That's the best idea I've got.

Anyone interested?

If so, list your preferred days and times, preferably in EST.

Man i just lost a heap on the freekin slots and black jack! Dealer is way too lucky. Im down to like 136 bucks cash now lol. Need to play some hold em and win some cash back. Anyone feel like doubling me up?

Yeah I got killed in Black Jack....dealer kicked my butt...I'd hop on some hold em with you but I am about to rack out....it's almost 2:30 am here.

I'll catch you later on that one though.

Take care.